Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Enduro Events for 2010
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

Looking to come back from serious injury over the winter/next year, and think some enduro events would give me some nice fitness focus. Is there a definitive list of events next year anywhere?

Currently considering

MM
    muc off 8
    SITS
    kielder 100

any others out there?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bristol Bikefest
    Cheddar Bikefest
    Dusk 2 Dawn
    Gorrick 12-12
    Are You Tough Enough
    Any number of Meridas
    Trans Wales

Etc 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Those events aren't actually enduros though – they are endurance races.

Enduro is a format nicked from moto x – 'The main type of enduro event, and the format to which the World Enduro Championship is run, is a time-card enduro, whereby a number of stages are raced in a time trial against the clock.'

Eg the Avalanche Enduro series

April 24 & 25 AVALANCHE ENDURO – KIELDER(ENGLAND)
    MAY 8 & 9 AVALANCHE ENDURO – AE FOREST(SCOTLAND)
    SEPT 11 & 12 or 18 & 19 AVALANCHE ENDURO – TBC (UK)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Those events aren't actually enduros though – they are endurance races.

But we're not talking about motorbikes are we? In the MTB world, they are mostly known as enduros. 🙂

That said, I do REALLY fancy a shot at the Keilder Avalanche myself.

grumm
    Free Member

In the MTB world, they are mostly known as enduros.

By people who are getting it wrong. So how do you differentiate between 'enduros' and mountain bike races that are actually enduros?

I can highly recommend the Kielder Avalanche btw – was great fun last year. Good format for people who are not XC weenies or DH maniacs.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

By people who are getting it wrong.

Who don't really care. We get lots of suff wrong and it doesn't matter. A short race with short laps is known as an XC race. Long races with one lap or fewer longer laps that XC races are known as Enduros.

Shall we move on now? 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

All PP's events fit with the OP's example "enduro" list so it's all good yes ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can highly recommend the Kielder Avalanche btw – was great fun last year. Good format for people who are not XC weenies or DH maniacs.

I think it was you that alerted me to it this year. Did you not post some pics IIRC? Sounds like a laff.

fbk
    Free Member

Mmm – all the talk of the Keilder Avalanche is getting me excited again. Can't wait for next year. Grumm – are those confirmed dates for next year then?

Hopefully doing the Mega next year too…Bring it on 🙂

And to the OP – the "Dyfi Enduro" is always a good technical endurance-timed-personal-challenge-definitely-not-a-race ride 😉

Stu

No fuss 10 hour series

grumm
    Free Member

I nicked the dates from here – http://forums.mtbleeds.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=13834&sid=8c44a04bf00b5ad33d14d3851703a9d9

The Kielder one doesn't seem to be on the avalanche cup site yet though.

I think it was you that alerted me to it this year. Did you not post some pics IIRC? Sounds like a laff.

Yeah it was ace. Bit pricey but great fun.

kitecris
    Free Member

The Keilder Avalanche Enduro is a fantastic event.

Me and a few others raced it on hardtails and showed the full sussers the rear tyre. Will be racing it again next year for sure.

No Fuss 10 Hour Series are also great.

tracknicko
    Free Member

cheers chaps. not super fussed about the definition of enduro.

interestingly have raced mx enduro (hare and hounds) and it is 3hours race time, hoghest lap count wins (i.e not ime cards as suggested by grumm) and still known as ENDURO.

ho hum.

will look into all those above!

tracknicko
    Free Member

*highest

and

*time cards.

my fingers are rubbish.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Grumm – Where/how do I enter the Kielder Avalanche? Struggling to find it online….

RepacK
    Free Member

Anything longer than 4 hrs is probably long enough to be called an enduro/endurance style event.

stumpy01

Theres an 8hr MucOff enduro in April this year, in East Sussex.

Looks like it might be quite good.

kitecris
    Free Member
    tracknicko
    Free Member

second on me original list stumpy!

bloody miles from yorkshire tho!

grumm
    Free Member

Don't think you can enter yet – think it was from around January last time.

juan
    Free Member

But we're not talking about motorbikes are we? In the MTB world, they are mostly known as enduros.

No they are not.
    There is some enduro series around here who look a lot like WCR format. And they are referred as enduros. No really I mean it. Former DH stars such as karim Amour or giordanengo and even olympic winner sybling are competing in the series.

Doug
    Free Member

Dyfi.

anderwho
    Free Member

I've had a look at the website and watched a few clips and it seems to be fairly serious, some pro riders etc. Is it also suitable for the likes of me – without a sponser and have only entered a couple of non serious enduros? It sounds good fun, exactly what I'm into but can anyone offer any advice?

jojoA1
    Free Member

I had heard that there wasn't going to be a Keilder Avalanche Enduro this year and that there might be another Scottish one later in the year… I'd be disappointed if that were the case, as I loved the Keilder event last year. Excellent fun and very sociable. Can't do the Ae one as I'm doing my first ever roadie event that weekend 😮

Another vote for the No Fuss "3 10's" series. see: http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/ for all their various fab events.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Enduro Events for 2010’ is closed to new replies.