Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Endura venturi II jacket
  • GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Anyone got one of these and what are their thought on this jacket.Cheers.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Anyone??

organic355
    Free Member

No tried one but there was a waterproof jacket grouptest in Decembers MBR magazine.

And it was one of the top rated along with these:

GORE fusion 2 £275
    Gore pathh 2 £135

The review is HERE

I was thinking about one too, but not sure to wait and try and get a Gore fusion in the sales

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

cheers

thejesmonddingo

I tried one on,but went for this,it's supposed to be a lot more breathable. http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/cycle-clothing/cycling-outer-jackets/altura-attack-extreme-jacket.html [smug]got an extra 10% off too[/smug].
    Ian

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Only problem is i dont like the look of the altura but i am hoping i can ride in the pouring rain with just a base layer underneath.Have heard that the Venturi II is a good jacket but you dont really know untill you buy it and £140 is very expensive to get it wrong.My other option is maybe the Endura Stealth.Any personal views on either would be great.Cheers.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I got the MT500 PTFE jacket, which is the same mebrane. It's breathable, but by crikey it's hot. I just wear a merino base under it and I'm fine. I am a sweaty chuffer though

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Damn not good buddy!!

ronrad
    Free Member

Purchased a Venturi II a couple of months ago and have used it in a variety of conditions. Generally speaking I like it quite a bit!

It is pretty warm (in condtions right around 0C / 32F I was using just a single marino wool long sleeve jersey underneath it and fine) I've used it up to about 10C so far, with a fair bit of success. You have a lot of options with the venting in the jacket.

Had it in one major downpour with hail, for about an hour ride, and it held up fine, some of my jersey was damp from sweat (but not bad at all really) and the rest of it was dry!

Definitely more breathable than my old stuff, and much better at keeping a comfy temperature.

warton
    Free Member

I've got the gore Path. Just for a comparision it won't be as warm as the fusion, as its a shell, but I got it as I have enough merino to layer nicely and I wanted something to be light and very waterproof. so far I've used it on two runs, and have been amazed at how breathable it is, top quality piece of kit.

Alex

I have a Stealth and have been wearing it over an Icebreaker Merino as a baselayer. Big zips to let the air in, and over the last 10 or so rides, can't say I've been over heating. Totally rain proof as well.

Generally I think Gore stuff is "better", but Endura is a better fit for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Endura venturi II jacket’ is closed to new replies.