Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Endura Singletrack shorts – shrinking / sizing problems
  • Stoner
    Free Member

A year ago I had to sell some new Endura Singletrack shorts in size XL, because they were nothing like their size guide size.

At the time I had a 41″ waist and at the moment Im back at 40″ (just measured this morning). Ive been rocking this Adonis-like physique for 10 years without being anything but 39-41″ round my 6 pack, with a 47″ chest which is the right kind of ratio.

Endura mens shorts in XL are supposed to be 39-41″ and XXL 42-44″, but although the replacement XXL ones initially fitted they too have been getting smaller and smaller since and now when I measure the waistband they come out at 39″ when fully stretched – even the XL’s out of the box just made it to 40″.

Anyone else find this? Im really annoyed as I have 2 pairs of XXL shorts that are uncomfortable to wear and I know it’s not a pie-based user error. These new shorts are over a year old, has anyone had any joy with a warranty claim?

tinsy
    Free Member

Biffer.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ah, the old my shorts are shrinking excuse. I find around the new year many of my clothes shrink. 😉

br
    Free Member

Are you sure that your wife hasn’t bought you an undersized tape measure, just so you can brag about your Ive been rocking this Adonis-like physique for 10 years without being anything but 39-41″ round my 6 pack?

😉

Stoner
    Free Member

if my shorts arent shrinking, my tape measure must be getting longer!

pymwymis
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs of endura baggies MT500 and Singletrack. They are both large but are significantly different sizes. The Mt’s end up Round my hips after a ride (I have lost a bit of weight) but the singletracks are still fairly snug around the waist. This is not helped by the stupid (self opening) press-stud closure – a button would have been just dandy.

I would say that in line with my experiences with my other Endura stuff, sizing is a bit optimistic.

For the sake of balance, I should also say that I love Endura quality and their customer service / warranty department are legendary.

Stoner
    Free Member

I had MT500 years ago and they were quite big, but then the fabric was very different. The popper on the Singletracks would be fine IF the waist band didnt keep shrinking. The side straps dont even get done up.

Maybe I can drop Endura an email and have them look at them.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I seem to have this problem with mine although I’m not anal enough to measure them/me. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

I needed the comfort of knowing it wasnt middle-age spread sneaking up on me 😉

pymwymis
    Free Member

Oh, it’s definitely that aswell ! 😀

Sandwich

You’ve bought one of those elastic tape measures haven’t you?

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive found a solution:

bruneep

Ive found a solution:

shaving your chest isna gonna help

Stoner
    Free Member

UPDATE:

Came home yesterday to an unexpected parcel….from Endura.
    Two new pairs of XXL Singletrack shorts!

Latest design is different again and comes with a proper button and has velcro adjustor straps on the hips. No more plastic buckles and clips and silly poppers. Fabric is lighter weight and feels softer. Arse pockets feel a little smaller though. Comfortable.

I like them.

my only tiny, tiny gripe (and really it’s just being a bit churlish) but I had no contact from Endura after being sent a returns number 4 weeks ago. No email saying the shorts I had returned had arrived, no email to say they had been assessed and no email to say that replacements were on their way. So 4 weeks of not really knowing whether I would have any shorts again anytime soon.

Still, really cant complain about the replacement policy though.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh jeez! Man, I am trying to have my coffee here – I feel a bit fragile. You’ve got what you needed why leave the picture up, gah 🙁

flap_jack
    Free Member

What temperature you washing at ?

I have 4 pairs from 2010 which haven’t shrunk at all despite being all I wear both on and off bike for 3 seasons of the year. Always washed at 30 degrees using Dreft.

Have to say that despite all being XL the sizing is a bit haphazard and the waist tensioners are all set different. And they need XXL liners to work properly, the XL liners way too tight.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Stoner, your a hard man to please.

Lets face it you could have called the lovely Ann in warranty to find out what was goin on if you were that worried and at the end of the day you have 2x new pairs of shorts even though the ones you sent back you’ had for over a year. I would call that a massive result – which other company in your experience would have done that ?

I am a bit of an Endura fan admittedly but primarily because their stuff is good and if it does go pear shaped they generally sort it out. What’s not to like. 😀

bellefied
    Free Member

I’m an Endura fan too but their sizing policy on their shorts has become a bit hit and miss in recent years

hora
    Free Member

Im definitely 35/36″ MAX waist. My Endura XL singletracks DONT fit anymore. Weird. I know my waist as I regularly wear 34″waist jeans. Jean manufacturers ‘lie’ to flatter their customers though..

Stoner
    Free Member

pymwymis – Member
    Stoner, your a hard man to please.

Possibly, but I think justifiably so.

you have 2x new pairs of shorts even though the ones you sent back you’ had for over a year. I would call that a massive result – which other company in your experience would have done that ?

I have 2x of £35 shorts I can now wear again after only a year of use. I’d expect to get at least 3 or 4 years of heavy use out of a pair of shorts. I havent had to return any shrinking clothes to another company so I wouldnt know how the service compares.

Dont get me wrong, Im pleased to have some replacement shorts to wear. Im just not sure I should be evangelising about Endura because of it. Their replacement policy is good, so top marks. Their customer communication and the quality of the original product less so. 1/3 for Endura then. For similar reasons I dont get the Hope “love in”: “Hope are great because their customer service is good when things go wrong. By the way, I’ve broken another Hope axle…”

flap_jack: 40degrees. Do your 2010 pair have green fabric in the waistband? If so then I also have a pair from that kind of era which have been fine. It’s the ones in between that range (I think they were the first incarnation of the Singeltrack short) and the latest that shrunk.

flap_jack
    Free Member

(checks shorts) no green fabric that I can see. The shorts were bought in 2010 but the way these things go they have been 2011 versions. Or 2009. I really wouldn’t know how to tell.

Jamie
    Free Member

I tried on the new Singletracks recently, and they are a nice pair of shorts. Didn’t keep them, though, as a bit baggy, and still have those mahoosive pockets on the back. Strangely, the small singletracks fitted, but the small ‘urban’ Enduras were too big.

Bought some small DHB Dynos, and they’re lovely.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Shocks me that you have them for more than 12 months, I replace mine annually and they have all been fine, I am a large though so dont have the excessive midriff to keep in check. After all, they arent exactly board shorts which are for style only, these are technical clothing which get covered in shit and caught up on saddles, handle bars, branches and scraped against gates and rocks. Wish I would have gotten a couple of free pairs of my humvee’s which lastdd 9 months then got a tear following a sketchy bit of riding.

flap_jack
    Free Member

still have those mahoosive pockets on the back

That’s the reason I love ’em.

Feeling a bit jey for them lasting so long though.

Stoner
    Free Member

humvee’s

thin fabric, innit. At least they were when I last bought a pair nearly 10 years ago.

Feeling a bit jey for them lasting so long though.

Not at all. Just because you’re not a clumsy rider, doesnt mean you should expect your shorts to only last a year.

Shocks me that you have them for more than 12 months…which lastdd 9 months then got a tear following a sketchy bit of riding.

Cant you stitch them?

Mrs S v jealous of the big pockets – the girls versions dont have them. I mean, it’s not like there’s not enough cloth round the back of a girls arse usually eh eh? 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Mrs S v jealous of the big pockets – the girls versions dont have them. I mean, it’s not like there’s not enough cloth round the back of a girls arse usually eh eh?

5….4….3….

Stoner
    Free Member

…like I’m going to let her read what I type on STW….fnarf!

*struts off, feeling safe*

Junkyard
    Free Member

the sizing for the small are spot on, not that any of that helps you lot 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

hmmm, another small-man-syndrome candidate, eh?

😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Being thin doesn’t make one hobbity, fat boy…with your child bearing hips 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am just average sized height wise but easily touch 10 stone on the scales 😉

pymwymis
    Free Member

10 stone !!!!

Pffft – lightweight !

You need to eat some more pies.

Stoner
    Free Member

easily touch 10 stone on the scales

So do I. But it’s a fleeting touch as the dial whizzes up to a manly 14st

If you’re 6’4″ and 10 stone Junky then you need to watch out for high winds… 🙂

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I have Singletrack shorts in small, medium and large and they all fit my 32″ waist perfectly.

I think someone at Endura has an elastic tape measure…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Endura Singletrack shorts – shrinking / sizing problems’ is closed to new replies.