Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Endura Nightvision waterproof jacket – any good?
  • colonelwax
    Free Member

Looking at getting a new waterproof, mostly for commuting but might be used on proper rides.

Seen the Endura Nightvision waterproof jacket for £40 online, are they any good? Not expecting Gore/Event breathabilty but will I boil to death in it?

leffeboy

Are you sure it isn”t an altura nightvision? Don’t want to be pedantic but I gave up on them after two had zips that died quickly. I now have an endura jacket which is brilliant but is more than 40 squids

Mantastic
    Free Member

The NightVison are good jackets in terms of heat, fit(if you are slightly Larger), and waterproofness. Its just a shame the zips are so pants

colonelwax
    Free Member

Oh yeah, it is altura (I always mix them up with endurance!)

Dodgy zips put me off a bit, especially as I guess it’d get work regularly.

Kryton57

Any chance of the link to the £40 deal?

devs
    Free Member

So I’m not the only one who has had a zip die then. I nearly bought another but won’t now.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Broken zips for me too. It’s. A shame, cos they’re good/cheap.

trambler

Been using one for winter commuting for approx 4 years. Quite warm if you can get a deal on one I’d say they’re ok. Had zip issues and the cuff closures have come apart. Good value for me though overall, as it’s had daily use except in summer.

zippykona

Mines 2 years old and worn daily in the winter all in tip top condition including the zip.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I’ve got one and no problems here either, including the zip!

Pigface
    Free Member

Zip on the rear pocket went south but managed to fix it, good jacket keeps the water out.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I like mine! 2 years old and covered in mud and stuff and no problems, but I never use the pockets.

bigjim

Zips died prematurely on a night vision and a something else by them here too.

colonelwax
    Free Member
    leffeboy

awesome price – must resist as they drive me mad when the zips bust again. They are the most reflective things out there though.

fwiw my last one was the evo2 that theoretically had the zip problem sorted. Unfortunately theory and practice are different in this case

MoreCashThanDash

My Evo version is into it’s second winter – all zips working, none of the reflectives have peeled off, the bright red colour hasn’t faded in the wash, and it survived a slide on black ice and tarmac last winter (the day after I bought it!)

It’s an excellent commuter jacket – mates who drive past me and even passing roadies have commented on how good the reflectives are. All jackets get hot, but I dress quite lightly underneath it and never properly overheat. Best jacket I’ve ever owned.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Oh yeah, it is altura (I always mix them up with endurance!)

Dodgy zips put me off a bit, especially as I guess it’d get work regularly.

That was posted from my phone on the train, so “endurance” should read Endura, and “work” is worn.

Anyway, now tempted to buy one.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Bump for any morning commuters

footstomper
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the Zips but you do tend to boil in them.They could do with a larger or looser Cuff as it is very tight getting them over your gloves especially the winter ones, which causes a problem when it rains as the water runs inside 😥

Doh1Nut

If you go for the orange one – it really is a nasty orange.
    If you like the offshore worker / postman HiViz look then fine.
    The red of the Evo jacket is a bit more normal.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Endura Nightvision waterproof jacket – any good?’ is closed to new replies.