Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Endura Baa Baa LS top fraying
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Bought an Endura Baa Baa long sleeve base layer back in November 2010, 18 months ago. It’s had regular use since then, and been washed about 3 or 4 times.

A hole has developed on each forearm, virtually the same position each side, and it looks like it is fraying.

Anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it?

13thfloormonk

Think 18 months is pretty good going for one of those tops.

I now handwash them in the sink and dry them in a towel as opposed to any sort of machine washing, and use a woolen specific washing liquid. Sounds a pain in the ass but only takes half and hour and its not like you have to do it very often.

dadandlad
    Free Member

Had exactly the same problem but on the shoulders,thought it was due to having a camelback on then over the space of a few weeks it literally fell to bits massive holes everywhere.Sent it back to Endura for examinaton who responded very quickly but did say it was down to either moths or incorrectly washed.
    Knowing how my wife operates the washer i bit the bullet and purchased another and now only hand wash.
    Endura did say they had never seen anything like it and seemingly have a rigorous testing procedure.
    Send it back to them and see how you go on

jameso

I’ve had the same thing happen with wool tops over the years – it probably is moth larvae. Nothing to do with the specific brand / type, only that they were wool. Remember mothballs..?

And better to hand-wash thin wool tops, machines aren’t good for them.

neninja
    Free Member

It’s got an Endura logo on it so 18 months is doing well! My experience of their stuff is less than impressive.

Next time get an Icebreaker – they still look like new after 18 months.

BadlyWiredDog

You’ve washed it three or four times in 18 months of regular use? 🙄

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got one that I’ve had nearly 3 years and during winter it gets washed every time it’s worn, i.e. most weeks. It’s got a couple of little holes from falling off etc but they haven’t frayed at all. Maybe they don’t make em like they used to!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Endura Baa Baa LS top fraying’ is closed to new replies.