Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Endomondo what am I doing wrong?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Used Sports Tracker but the mileage never seemed acurate to me, so I downloaded Endomondo as I was told it’s better.

The GPS signal says Excellent and the duration counts the time perfectly but even though the GPS is on and it works on Sports Tracker It doesn’t log the route or even travel any distance or register any speed.

What settings am I doing wrong.

It’s on android and on a Galaxy S

Ta

ssjeff
    Free Member

Maybe you’re going to slow to trigger it to track you.

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve had a efw issues to too. Mine got narrowed down too turning off wifi to preserve battery life, reinstated wifi and it worked fine after that. That’s on an iphone though

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No I set it to walking just in case and walked quickly.
    I also turned off the Auto Pause as well just in case.

samuri
    Free Member

You don’t have the battery saving featured turned on do you? Turn it off if you do.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

From elsewhere

Android – On Android phones you need to make sure that Location services are enabled in the settings. Settings > Location > Enable GPS satellites and Wireless networks.

and

samuri – Member
    You don’t have the battery saving featured turned on do you? Turn it off if you do

The power saving mode was ticked, so I’ve un ticked it, turned on the WiFi and GPS, so finger crossed for tomorrow mornings dog walk test.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Galaxy s GPS is notoriously shite. That may not be the problem but that statement is correct.

bruneep

normally use mine GPS on and in airplane mode with pause when stopped activated.

bigrich

normally use mine GPS on and in airplane mode with pause when stopped activated.

me too. got 4 hour ride in and used ~25% of battery on a galaxay s2

widge34
    Free Member

I’ve started using Strava instead of endomondo. I find it much better. I also use an Android phone.

mr-brightside
    Free Member

i used endmondo for the 1st time at weekend thought it was excelent i had the phone in my pocket (htc wildfire s) and i was cycling under trees and it still didnt loose gps signal it was reading less then half a mile out from my cycle computer on overall distance. not sure why you would want wi fi turned on though?

allthepies
    Free Member

Works fine on my Galaxy S.

turned on the WiFi

WTF ?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

JohnClimber – Member

From elsewhere

Android – On Android phones you need to make sure that Location services are enabled in the settings. Settings > Location > Enable GPS satellites and Wireless networks.

and

samuri – Member
    You don’t have the battery saving featured turned on do you? Turn it off if you do

The power saving mode was ticked, so I’ve un ticked it, turned on the WiFi and GPS, so finger crossed for tomorrow mornings dog walk test.

It works find now, thanks for a your help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo what am I doing wrong?’ is closed to new replies.