Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Endomondo + what….
  • easygroove
    Free Member

I’m happy with the functionality of o deal with that, the endomondo app, it does start to kill the iphone battery but my rides are topping out at about 3 hrs so its not a major problem. It will be for my road bike.

Im happy to continue to use endomondo and get a cycle computer to give me visible data on speed, distance etc. I dont have a heart rate monitor. do i need one, do i need cadence thingy? should i be looking at Garmin – i dont want to spend mega bucks. What recommendations have you got for a computer??

MrTall
    Free Member

I find my iphone will last a good 4-5hrs+ assuming it’s just in my pocket and i’m not using the screen. Remember to switch off your other apps running in the background as well (double click your main button to see all the open apps).

I’ve also just bought a Mophie battery pack off Ebay for £20 which doubles the battery life so it’ll outlast any ride i could manage. The phone just slips into a protective case and can either recharge your phone or can be used first before your phone starts to drain it’s own battery.

GrahamS

I mount my iPhone on my bars using one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0057FJ41Y

But I tend to leave the screen off and just use the Voice Coach to find out how I am doing (it shouts out distance and time every 1km).

Never bothered with cadence or heart rate sensors. I think you need a special ANT+ adapter for them and it’s all a bit too serious for my liking.

Drac

If you don’t use the screen unless necessary, kill all other apps, switch off wifi it’ll last ages. I use mine whilst playing music too and it’ll get 4+ hours easily.

easygroove
    Free Member

iphone is usually in my back shirt pocket

elzorillo
    Free Member

Tried mine on the bars, Two things I should have considered before buying bar mount.. The screen is off most of the time and.. it wont work with gloves on!!

Now I just chuck it in my camelbak.

GrahamS

it wont work with gloves on!!

Fingerless gloves. Or the ones with silver thread stitched in. Or just lick the end of your finger 😀

You only need to touch it at the beginning and end of a ride anyway (to start and stop it) so no big deal.

Now I just chuck it in my camelbak.

One reason I like it on my bars is that if I get a call or text I can see if I need to bother stopping to answer it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

HRM only really a benefit for training. I’ve never seen the need for cadence, but some do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo + what….’ is closed to new replies.