Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Endomondo STW Jan group challenge
  • MicArms

Join here…

Start off the new year with a new challenge, just for fun to burn off any excess xmas pud or kgs of chocolate consumed. Sorry, could only pick MTB , not cycling sport or commuting as well..

Don’t be shy… I’m currently at number 1 of 1 ( I rock!!)

markyboy
    Free Member

im in!!(i think)!

cchris2lou

i am in , hardest bit will be to remember to switch it on !

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’m in. Gotta fix my bike first.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Should be calories all sports no?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heh internets is borked.

cynic-al
    Free Member

And again!

MicArms

I’ll go with the flow, what do you peeps want, MTB + miles, or all sports, most calories?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’m in just need to remember to switch it on when I go out riding

gordimhor

I’m in (fatboytryingtogetslim)

bruneep

I’m in, tho I do think it should be proper mountain biking, nae canal paths or trail centres.

We still have loads of snow to plod through as well.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I’m in – is ok to stick all riding in or just MTB?

I’m currently in the lead.
    I’ve set my privacy level so that only friends can see my maps to avoid giving away my home address.

I tend to ride a mixed route, both commuting and recreational rides, as I link up bridleways, Sustrans routes and the canal tow path with lanes and roads, although it’s all on a mountain bike.
    I’m not intentionally cheating by logging road miles, it’s just that there’s no way of keeping them seperate.

If people think I’m not sticking to the spirit of the competition, I’ll delete my rides and retire, although I’d rather see a challenge for total mountain bike distance, as long as a significant part of it is off road.

amt27
    Free Member

I’m currently in the lead.

not any more 😉

Whyte1
    Free Member

have just loaded it is it easy enough to use to make you want to use it – if that makes any sence 🙄

cubemeup
    Free Member

i uodated it on my mobile and its wipped all my workouts off!! gutted
    do you have to upload them onto the internet or is it done for you?

the_lecht_rocks

i’d join in but my swimming doesn’t allocate in endomondo unfortunately, otherwise i’m sure i’d have won 👿

bruneep

seems to be alot of “hidden” workouts…………..

cchris2lou

I dont really care about what other people do with it .

my commute is 50/50 on/off road and it is good enough for me .

seems to be alot of “hidden” workouts…………..

I’m sure a lot of people don’t want to publish a map that gives away their home address.
    What this, and all other sport logging sites, needs, is a facility to hide the first and last 2km of any ride.
    I can get around it by stopping after 2km, resetting the distance, starting again, then resetting again 2km from home and only publishing the middle section map.
    It’s a bit of a faff though, when I just want to keep riding.

Is there any site that lets you publish just part of a map ?

MicArms

bump…

but in London on a course this week so my mileage has taken a huge dip..

arse…..

weaver
    Free Member

Cool, im in 2nd. having a easy week but racing at weekend. Can we count races in it?

I’ll be counting trailquests and races when they happen.
    It’s all mountain biking.

It seems a bit strange to me that on a mountain bike forum, where a discussion about the theory behind suspension design gets nearly 300 replies, or a discussions about cow farms, or students and fire extinguishers gets over 100, a mountain biking distance challenge shows that only 20 STW forum members have actually ridden their bikes so far this year.

trio25
    Free Member

I do log my miles, but I don’t want to have to start uploading to yet another site so I haven’t joined. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Fair enough, I don’t expect it to appeal to everyone. After all, if there was a Clear The Biggest Tabletop or Jump The Biggest Drop Off challenge, I wouldn’t be interested.

It just surprises me how few people have entered.

I also think it doesn’t say much for STW as a mountain bike forum when a 95kg, 48 year old on a 29er, with a Rohloff hub, bar ends and a map board, can get to 3rd place on a distance challenge. 😛
    I’m currently 666th on BikeJournal and 42nd on Fetch, a running site.

Come on guys, stop worrying about whether you’ve got the right tyres, the right pressure in your forks or the right number of gears, just get out there on your bikes and push me down the table.

maxray
    Free Member

I would have but 90% of my miles are commuting at the moment and whilst I am putting a good distance in wouldnt count for anything 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Fek it, i did at least one long mtb ride this week, it might inspire me to go on a few more this month 🙂

flebby
    Free Member

Hi graham, as an endo user I was up for joining this but to be honest it looks like some people are taking it a bit too seriously! When I go for a mtb ride I choose to ride to the woods which are 10miles away so most of my ride (well about 2thirds depending on the fun/pain ratio) is on cycle track 🙁 and I gather this is not allowed so for that reason….

swoosh
    Free Member

sod it, I’m in just for the heck of it.

It’s going to be interesting just to see where I come at the end of the month compared to other STW users.

flebby, my shortest possible commute is 9km, with 3.8km on cheeky singletrack.
    I generally take a longer route in one direction, which increases both the distance and the off road proportion, although some of that “off road” is gravel tow path or tarmac Sustrans route.
    So, all in all, my 22km round trip commute, which makes up the majority of my total distance so far, is about;
    8km cheeky singletrack
    6km road
    4km canal tow path
    1km wet leaf covered tarmac Sustrans route
    3km cheeky footpath and other tracks to link it all up

I don’t think I have ridden the exact same round trip route twice yet, but that’s fairly typical.

I offered to retire if people thought I was riding too much on the road and not sticking to the spirit of the challenge.
    Nobody called me out on it, so don’t worry about it.

Maxray, it’s all about inspiration and motivation, or it is for me at least.
    When I’m on early shift and my alarm goes off at 3am and I can hear the rain on the roof, this challenge has been the difference between getting up and cycling in, or having a lie in and driving to work and letting someone catch me up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Come on guys, stop worrying about whether you’ve got the right tyres, the right pressure in your forks or the right number of gears, just get out there on your bikes and push me down the table.

Aybe they’re busy and/or running/road riding/commuting etc?

amt27
    Free Member

last weekend for the challenge, how is everyone doing?

Well, I finished 3rd.
    Are we doing it again for February ?

sassy
    Free Member

God damm it….finished 5th….by two miles!!

Grumble Grumble

amt27
    Free Member

gutted, this didn’t include today’s riding, challenge finished at 12:00am this morning, 😥

weaver
    Free Member

Was good fun, it wouldnt count my ride today

Here we go then, a new challenge for February.
    http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/826553

I couldn’t select the start and finish times, it defaults to 12:00am, so I set the finish date to 1.3.11 so we don’t miss the last day of the month again.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo STW Jan group challenge’ is closed to new replies.