Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Endomondo January Challenge
  • stayhigh

Morning All

Happy New Year and all that jazz, hope everyone has a great year 🙂

Heres the new challenge for January, well done to Graham for topping 500 miles again.

MTB: http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/3337416

Road: http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/3337445

Happy trails all 🙂

andrewy

Thanks for the links, just joined them both and I’m No1 on the road; whoo hooo. I shall just bask in your admiration for the few hours (minutes?) it’ll take before I’m knocked off my glorious perch 😀

shindiggy
    Free Member

Number one after todays ride 🙂

andrewy

I knew it wouldn’t take long 🙁

tomwod
    Free Member

thanks mr high. should probably adjust the last day of each to the 1st feb though – endomodo goes from 12am, meaning the last day of the challenge is not actually included.

MicArms

Stayhigh, can you edit the challenge titles to include STW please? I’ve got that many on the go I tend to loose track.. Cheers.

bruneep

As to why some have to hide their workouts

will
    Free Member

Just joined this. No riding today though 😆

piha
    Free Member

Thanks for posting that and I’ve signed up too.

Thanks for starting this.
    And so another month of single speed 29ering begins. 😀

mr-brightside
    Free Member

ive also just signed up. no miles yet though. 😀

Sheriff_Fatman

Cheers, always forget about Endomondo as I just tend to use Garmin connect. Anyway, joined the road challenge and will enjoy my brief encounter with the top of the Road list (Yay!!)

stayhigh

I’ve added STW to challenges and have changed the end date so that should sort that.

I was going to ride today but it rain so I drank whisky instead 😳

unklebuck
    Free Member

I’m just crossing my fingers that the weather is kind this month, and that me and the rest of the Buck clan avoid illness unlike December.

My waistline needs a top 10 finish!

colournoise

I’ll enjoy my 2nd place for the VERY short while it will last.

slainte 😳 rob

konadad
    Free Member

Just joined too if you don’t mind. hope it includes what I’ve done already 🙂

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve joined the STW Road Challenge of which most of my mileage this month will be on my ride to work and back. I’ll just have to remember to change the setting from Cycling – Transport to Cycling – Sport on my GPS.

Oh, and I’ll have to start remembering to turn the GPS off at the end of each ride or it’ll look like I’m really slow!

I’d like to do the MTB challenge at a later date but I always lose or gain tons of kilometers every time I ride through a wooded valley or ravine so never seem to have an accurate record of my off road rides 😕

will
    Free Member

First place in the road group is doing well.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

signed up for both, and did my first road ride of the year today

c_klein87

entered mtb today, does it not count uploads from garmin gps’s?

edit: seems i need to be more patient

stayhigh

I can take a while for it to update itself when adding from a Garmin, sometimes several hours.

warton
    Free Member

just seen that Garmin upload link, no need to have both devices running on my sunday road ride anymore!

in 4th place at the moment, hopefully second by tonight….

piha
    Free Member

Two rides this week and Endomondo didn’t record either. I’m gonna download “Trackerbooster” to see if that helps.

Anybody else tried “Trackerbooster” or similar and had a positive result?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Joined. Currently in 10th place on the road challenge. I guess that won’t last, once all the serious mile-munchers with the Garmins finish uploading their weekend epics.

mountainchub
    Free Member

Yippeee I’m 17th on the road challenge! Ummm hold on 17th?! Hummm I better get my bike on!!!

Sandwich

A quick re-read has reassured me that the miles I entered today will eventually show up. My commute mileage home may go up somewhat to boost the results, my Christmas indulgence needs to be burned off.

amt27
    Free Member

do offroad cyclo-cross rides count as mtb?

takisawa2

Joined. Shame there isnt a running one also, I’m doing more miles on foot this time of year.

stayhigh

Boo no mtb action for me yet this year, I’ve only managed 4 rides in & out of work 🙁

Really must sort my suspension and brakes out or suck it up and go rigid off road.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

OT slighty. Please can someone tell me why endomondo sometimes tracks my distance and it sometimes doesn’t? on mt Galaxy 1

Satellite strength is excellent but one day it records the KM’s and time etc and other days it just doesn’t to the KM’s but does do the time

Please help

will
    Free Member

Just got in from a ride, if you look on my profile you can see the miles, but they are not in the STW Challenge Mileage? Any ideas?

John – Endomondo always tracks my ride, however it is usually 0.5 to 1 mile shorter than Cyclemeter, for some strange reason, which I also use at the same time.

unklebuck
    Free Member

Just got in from a ride, if you look on my profile you can see the miles, but they are not in the STW Challenge Mileage? Any ideas?

Sometimes it doesn’t add the workout to your total for the challange until some time after you upload the workout. It usually takes no more than an hour or so.

will
    Free Member

Thanks, just seen it’s updated. Not changed my position mind 😆

amt27
    Free Member

is it set as MTB or Cycling? need to be MTB

andytherocketeer

Mine insists on defaulting everything to running, so always have to remember to edit it afterwards. Obviously setting the favourite sport to MTBing has naff all effect.
    Often seen a delay between importing a .gpx and it appearing in the stats, but never more than a few minutes.

andytherocketeer

Just spotted a “Include in challenges and personal best” check box when you edit the workout. Probably been there all along, but I’ve never noticed it.

mogrim

Signed up, but today’s ride doesn’t seem to be included… Does it only count new rides done after signing up?

stayhigh

Yay I had my first mtb ride of the year today, it was only 16 miles but good fun 😀

Annoyingly though my Garmin (Edge 205) has a tendancy to turn itself off for no apparent reason at intervals on the ride. As soon as you switch it back on it will start tracking straight away but when you upload it doesnt show the first parts.

I’ve had a look on the Garmin forum which suggests its wear and tear on the battery contacts thats to blame but doesnt tell of any possible fixes.

Sandwich

Stayhigh, Garmin will sell you a cheap exchange unit. If you are feeling brave you can open it up and solder some new wire contacts into the unit, I tried the bending the tabs fix and it didn’t work too well.
    There’s a couple of pictorial how-tos on the web.

allthepies
    Free Member

Mine insists on defaulting everything to running, so always have to remember to edit it afterwards.

The main app startup screen will show the activity type you will log when you press the “start” button. This activity defaults to the type you used last time, not your favorite sport. So before pressing the start button, check the activity type and change (press it to get a list) if incorrect.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo January Challenge’ is closed to new replies.