Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Endomondo
  • rivirider
    Free Member

Any one use it? going to give it a try tonight, see what its like, used sports tracker a few times, but the app has failed on the phone for some reason, so wanting to find a good app that will keep me motivated to reach my targets.

_tom_
    Free Member

I use it on my blackberry, pretty good especially for free. It’s a good motivator for me (working to improve my average speed) – if I ride without it I don’t really push as hard to keep a good average!

Drains battery quite a bit though, 3 hour ride took about 50% of my battery.

MrTall
    Free Member

I use mine all the time and think it’s excellent (especially as it was free). Only problem i find is that i always get different results to my riding mates with different phones. I guess it’s down to how good the gps is on each handset.

Last night 4 of us did the same ride and the results varied from 13.9 miles to 15.2 miles. HTC seems pretty accurate but my iphone4 always gives the lowest reading (1-2 miles less per 20 miles) which is a tad annoying. Overall very good though.

youngrob

I use it too, always found it pretty accurate on my iphone4.

pedlad

Got it on my iphone4 but can’t get it working. Just sits there searching for gps. If I switch over to maps tthat shows my location straight off. Am I missing something obvious ?

Northwind

It’s clever but it seems obviously not finished. Frinstance the synching’s terrible, I’ve got competed routes on my phone that failed to sync first time for whatever reason, and there’s no “resync” option. I’d sooner pay a fiver for something that works I think.

spence
    Free Member

It’s OK but not as good as SportsTracker.

chojin
    Free Member

um… there is? just go to your history and long press on the route of your choice (if you’re on android anyway), it gives you the option to upload?

grtdkad

Any good for iphone4? I’ve just switched from android and can’t find a decent app that tracks both route, distance and altitude gain.
    Would welcome recommendations…

Rickos
    Free Member

Cardio Trainer’s not bad either and does total height gained which Endo doesn’t, but Endodildo has a way slicker website and the social linking up thing with your buddies too.

tonyg2003

Yep good but it burns through my iphone battery. Not for epic rides.

coogan
    Free Member

I use mine all the time and think it’s excellent (especially as it was free). Only problem i find is that i always get different results to my riding mates with different phones. I guess it’s down to how good the gps is on each handset.

Last night 4 of us did the same ride and the results varied from 13.9 miles to 15.2 miles. HTC seems pretty accurate but my iphone4 always gives the lowest reading (1-2 miles less per 20 miles) which is a tad annoying. Overall very good though.

Yeah, my iPhone has different miles and speeds than my mates HTC phone too. I believe my iPhone. His phone had him recording speeds of 37.5mph and mine 23.5mph over a not too steep ride. Apart from that, great wee app. I only use it to see how many miles we’ve covered and the website good for nicking mates routes I’ve not tried. Not that I have actually done the last one yet mind you…

markgraylish
    Free Member

Is anyone using the bluetooth HR monitor with Endomondo? Was interested in this but heard reports that connectivity is poor. Is it true that bluetooth will not transmit thru the human body?? Ie heart rate monitor on your front, phone in your back pocket.

Apart from that, it’s quite useful app but I’d like to know how it algorythms are configured for the different sports as I’m sure I burnt off more than 545kcal on my last ride! 😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

The calories burnt seem quite high as in around 500 for a 45min/6 mile blast. Are they accurate or not?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I reckon it over estimates calories and under estimates elevation. It seems bang on the money mileage wise on my ZTE Blade.

However, I mostly use it to see where off piste cheek goes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo’ is closed to new replies.