Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Emu oil..
  • sunchaser
    Free Member

Right then – I’ve got pain in my right elbow & right knee & have had for quite some time. I’m currently under the doctors for x-rays & physio. But, a mate has suggested I try emu oil.. at first I thought this was a wind-up but it seems to be quite widely used for such ailments. Anyone on here use it & did it work?

chorlton
    Free Member

Snake oil’s better. 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Emus have an oil producing gland inside their anuses, which some people believe has medically beneficial properties. The quality of the oil tends to deteriorate once it has been removed from the emu, so ideally, you should extract the oil directly from the the emu by placing your hand up its arse. In your case, up to the elbow. HTH

druidh
    Free Member

It must work.

I’ve never heard a squeeky emu.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh btw, I forgot to mention, a word of warning……………emus don’t like it up’em

carlosg
    Free Member

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=206

My wife used this ^^^ before she had a carpal tunnel op on her wrist it did ease the pain quite a bit. Contains emu oil!

j_me
    Free Member

Rod hull swore by it.

maccruiskeen

Emus have an oil producing gland inside their anuses, which some people believe has medically beneficial properties. The quality of the oil tends to deteriorate once it has been removed from the emu, so ideally, you should extract the oil directly from the the emu by placing your hand up its arse. In your case, up to the elbow. HTH

You’re think of Emo Oil

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Forget all the n0b jockeys above, emu oil does work, if ive had a grim set of races or got a twinge in one of my muscles rub this in to the effected place and it defo works and easies the pain.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Forget all the n0b jockeys above

Mmm, I guess you are probably right to point that out to the OP kingkongs finger. Otherwise had you not, I fear he might well have placed his hand up somewhere he really ought not to place his hand. So yeah, good call *thumbs up*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nothing you rub on the outside will make the slightest difference to what is happening inside the joint.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nothing you rub on the outside will make the slightest difference to what is happening inside the joint.

1 – Voltaren Gel delivers effective pain relief and has a favorable safety profile.

The systemic absorption of Voltaren Gel (1% diclofenac sodium in topical gel formulation) is 94% less than oral diclofenac (generic for Voltaren).

2 – The effectiveness and safety of Voltaren Gel was studied in more than 900 patients with knee or hand osteoarthritis.

The FDA approval was based on several studies, including two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled efficacy (such as to test effectiveness) studies and a 12-month safety study.

3 – Voltaren Gel significantly reduced pain levels.

After 6 weeks of treatment in an efficacy study of patients with hand osteoarthritis, pain levels were reduced by 46%. In a 12-week study of patients with knee osteoarthritis, Voltaren Gel reduced pain levels by 51%.

Lying feckers.

mefty
    Free Member

EL – Should put one’s thumb up while the arm is inserted in emu? I am confused.

john_drummer
    Free Member

there’s a shop in Otley sells “Dog Oil”. The mind boggles 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

mefty – Member

EL – I am confused.

Due to the inherent risks associated with rectal entry of a non-compliant emu, the procedure should only be carried out by those who feel fully confident in doing it. I therefore strongly urge that you to seek the advise of a qualified person who can provide you with an alternative treatment.

mefty
    Free Member

Thanks for advice, I would not be using a non-compliant one, I am dead stickler for rules.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Even with a compliant Emu I should recommend the use of a barstool.

Or is this the wrong forum??

john_drummer
    Free Member

I therefore strongly urge that you to seek the advise of a qualified person who can provide you with an alternative treatment.

sadly the only person qualified to give such advice fell to his death from the roof of his house while trying to mess about with his aerial, in order to watch a certain Salford team play football. Allegedly.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the only person qualified to give such advice fell to his death from the roof of his house

Emu oil on the soles of his shoes I suspect 😐

epicyclo

There’s a lot of misinformation on how to get Emu oil here.

You get it the same way you get olive oil and baby oil.

It involves a large press.

BTW much easier to get a baby into a 44 gallon drum than an Emu. That’s why Emu oil is more expensive.

CountZero

It’s only marginally less dangerous extracting Mink Oil.

CountZero

TandemJeremy – Member

So how come when I use Ibuprophen or Voltarol Gel on my bad back or painful finger joints the pain is significantly reduced?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Emu oil..’ is closed to new replies.