• This topic has 24 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Emirates Cattle Class
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Flying to Auckland in 3 weeks, and was wondering if anyone new whether cattle class got access to apower supply, i am guessing not, but it is always possible, the planes are 777’s. Just trying to think of what i can do for 37hours!

whitleyjohn20
    Free Member

Try and have a look at Skytrax or Seat guru website as these may give you review from people who have travelled with Emirates recently and if power sockets were installed in economy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Seat Guru is your friend.

Emirates is apparently rather good, even in cattle. 😉

timc
    Free Member

yes although you may be sharing with another seat, you be fine though.

note you may get a a380 if your lucky

PGreen
    Free Member

It depends on what 777 you have, 200, 200LR, 300 or 300ER. So the answer is maybe.

Take a good book, get a window seat and enjoy the view. Watch a few movies. Beat people at the in seat quiz game(if there is one,I get pretty competitive)Have a bit of grub. Plan in your head what new bike stuff you are going to buy. Endless things to do!

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_Airlines/information.php

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they do on the melbourne flight and I think that is a 777 (GF just did it) check on the site has more info, also lots of movies on that one

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Where is your stop / stopover?

IME the first legs (ex EU) are great for service / entertainment / sockets etc then after you get past Dubai – you get to remember what airlines used to be like. You’ll be knackered by then though.

Not business class for you then?

chewkw
    Free Member

I prefer 777 …

timc
    Free Member

id guess with emirates its via dubai? will be 777-300er, a380 has well more space imo. was on both last week after all…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    I prefer 777 …

I prefer Business class, given a long haul flight, but we don’t always have a choice, do we?

mrmo
    Free Member

The Route is Birmingham to Dubai, Dubai to Brisbane with a refuelling stop in Singapore and brisbane to Auckland. According to the details it is 777’s the whole way and looking at what i can find suggests power sockets so i guess might be worth taking the laptop as something to do.

Not business class for you then?

If only!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

refuelling stop in Singapore

Tip for the Mrs (if there is one!) – There’s a shop called Madame Butterfly in the terminal that does excellent jade type jewellery. I’ve done very well buying presents there! 🙂

timc
    Free Member

singapore is a nice airport, i flew direct from dubai to sydney last week, strange going via singapore, nice to break it up though.

on of my flights said it was a 777 & it ended up an a380 so they aren’t 100%

mrmo
    Free Member

Tip for the Mrs (if there is one!)

If you can call your girlfriend of 12years mrs then yes…. Going out for her sisters wedding.

chewkw
    Free Member

timc – Member

on of my flights said it was a 777 & it ended up an a380 so they aren’t 100%

😆 😆 you are sure you were not on a cargo plane?

yetialex
    Free Member

Most Emirates flights seem to have laptop charge points somewhere near the kitcheny areas where they prepare the food/drinks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yep you can have them charged if you ask the cabin crew

Seat charging points even in the a380 is only at the business class and upwards

You have a usb charge point though so your ipod will be good for it !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mrmo, I can suggest some good jewellers in Singapore if you need to buy a little diamond number on the way home! 🙂

wors

mrmo, you mind me asking how much you paid for flights?

avdave2

Emirates is apparently rather good, even in cattle.

best cattle class I’ve flown in

jam-bo

^^^^

What he said. Even better when I got a whole row to myself.

andrewh
    Free Member

Cattle class was fine for me. Syndey and back in 5 legs, 4 on 777 and one on A380. Had emergancy exit seats for 4 legs though and 3 seats to myself for the other one.
    Biggest baggage allowance I could find which is why I chose them. You taking a bike?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Agreed . Space food and entertainment mean emirates are my first stop when i comes to long haul

Had 10 hours in dubai on way out over night twice and got 3 star hotel in dubai in the price

We use klm with work and i wouldnt fly with them on my money food is vile – i even got upgraded once and had no idea what it was supposed to be !

Ba aint bad flown long haul to houston a few times , and LA but its not as good as it was !

mrmo
    Free Member

mrmo, you mind me asking how much you paid for flights?

Emirates were/are doing a sale, so booked direct i got tickets at c£850, another couple who booked a bit quicker got their tickets for a bit over £750. These were booked early/mid December. Best bit for me is that Emirates fly from Birmingham which makes getting to the airport easy, far easier than trying to get to London anyway.

You taking a bike?

Thought about it, but more hassle for those times when i don’t want it. Plus baggage handlers being baggage handlers i don’t want the hassle of another damaged bike.

mrmo
    Free Member

ok, so made it to NZ, result of seat power supply as follows, Birmingham to Dubai, nothing, old screens for tis as well so a bit dark. Dubai to Brisbane, well this had UK 240volt sockets in cattle class as the seat, much brighter monitors. Brisbane to Auckland, this was using 110 volt two pin us/Aus style,

Planes were all the same boings, i guess came down to when plane came into service.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Emirates Cattle Class’ is closed to new replies.