Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Embarrissing names
  • Frankers
    Free Member

I thought I had heard the most embarrissing name when I met Mr. Peter Fiel (F pronounced as V in German) in Germany a few years ago, but my missus has topped it when she showed me on her companies intranet site 2 people who worked at her company…..Gunther Cocke and Dick Monster….unreal!!

fastindian
    Free Member

i work with a Jo King

woody2000

I used to work with an Anal Mistry

Frankers
    Free Member

Sorry got that the wrong way round, his name was Peter Viel (pronounced Fiel)

tankslapper
    Free Member

I went to school with a Michael Hunt 😯

iDave
    Free Member

i had a pa called jenny taylor

sohala
    Free Member

my mrs used to work with a fella called jock mcsporran……from wales 😯

honest, you couldn't make it up!

colande
    Free Member

henrietta bird

genesis
    Free Member

Wife is friends with a Teresa Green and I know a guy who's called Mr.T.watts and also know a Louisa Bird

colnagokid

ruler etc.
    best laugh Ive had this xmas! 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Embarrissing spelling ?

Gary_C

There was an American baseball player called Rusty Kuntz.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hmmmm,

In my early career years I worked as an early phase statistician for a large pharma company.

I went on a fabulous pharmacokinetics (that's the way a drug is dealt with by the body) course in Manchester.

We all had to introduce ourselves.

One guy, seemed a nice chap, introduced himself as, and I spell this as it's said ….

Dr Ram Dikshit

Its fair to say smirks were mandatory!!!!!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Hugh Janus?

Flaperon

Drew Peacock.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

I have known Chris Peaocke and a ewan kerr..

pistola
    Free Member

Wayne Kerr
    Tom Morrow
    Albert Hall
    Stan Still
    Anne Kersaway
    Paige Turner

to name but a few…

samuri
    Free Member

I know a chap call Wan King, I kid you not. There was also a guy on Happy Days who's real name was 'Arnold ****'

twohats
    Free Member

I know a guy who's 1st name is Jerker! A quite common name in Sweden by all accounts…

benji_allen
    Free Member

I spoke to a guy on the phone a few years ago called Pete Minge. I nearly died when he said it, and then spelt it out for me.

Terra

I used to work with a Les Behan

nbt

MY old boss in That London was Terry Watts

BigJohn

The Landlord at my local a few years ago was Roger Myring.
    I knew an Ian Semen who worked at Nissan.
    Ones I didn't know peronally were Dick Vane and Pat Cox.

andrewh
    Free Member

The foreign secretary of (if I remember correctly) Indonesia is called Jack ****t (or maybe Jaques). I just remember Charlotte Green interviewing him on the radio and tring to keep from laughing.

Smee
    Free Member

woody2000 – I suspect you're telling lies – There cant be two of us that worked with Anil Mistry.

I also used to have an author called Erich ****.

And another called Reinhold ****.

smiffy

Owain Hughes

Jase
    Free Member

Went to a restaurant in Mk once and was served by Wayne King

julianwilson
    Free Member

Anil and Mistry both being pretty common names, i don't see why both of you wouldn't have met different ones. To non western-corrupted ears I'm sure that sounds like a perfectly nice name. Or perhaps you just met and remembered the same memorable one!

When I was a St John's ambulance cadet many years ago ('proper' paramedics lurk on here, ssshhhhhh!) one of the top bods in SJA was James Bond.

In my NHS trust, our medical director is Dr Payne. 😀

0pt1cal
    Free Member

I used to work with a guy called Jobi Flowers

ianpinder
    Free Member

I live with a guy called Iain Dick

alecangus
    Free Member

In my uni department we have Dr. Love, Dr. Gay and Prof. Manlove

EDIT: Totally safe for work by the way, I do computing…

Gutterball
    Free Member

I find it difficult to believe, but the wife informs me that a "friend of a friend" of hers has just had twins and called them Freddy and Rosie, and no-one has plucked up the courage to rain on her parade.

BigTed
    Free Member

My great gran was called Fanny Wigley…….

flatfish
    Free Member

theres a tosser rambler in north somerset who sticks his oar into every access querie at our parish council meetings called hugh pratt. 😆

flyingmonkeycorps

Chris Peacock

hitman
    Free Member

Went to school with a guy called Alistair Cockshead! In our first year at secondary school, first PE lesson, we all stood in a line and had to introduce ourselves – when he said "Cockshead,Sir" the teacher told him to do 20 press ups, and then asked again about his name., before being made to do twenty more. This continued until, everyone was falling about laughing and the teacher realised it was his real name 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

reading a book about archaeological finds on Malta to learn that the curator of the museum of Malta was the 'rather unfortunately' named Mr. Dick Shittar.

Kev

crocodilian
    Free Member

Famously, around my area, there is a family named Dick who had the great idea of naming their son and daughter Everard and Ophelia. Seriously. I know how hard that is to believe but it really is true.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

In my emplyoment, I've seen court documents issued on Mr Wayne Kerr, and regularly get medical reports from Mr Hugh Koch.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Embarrissing names’ is closed to new replies.