Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ellsworth ID how much
  • aviemoron
    Free Member

Hello STW I haven’t been in these parts for years, but I now need your collective wisdom. I have a very old Ellsworth ID. Very well looked after (well it’s kind of a faded red *pink* actually) Romic shock, Pike dual air U turns XTR and XO 9spd drivetrain with grip shift, Thomson seastpost, stem, Easton bars, hand built DT/Mavic 317’s (in a very loud gold anodised finish) – all an all a fairly high end build and it works like a dream. But, and here’s the rub, it’s all old tech; the ID frame is basically only of interest to a collector and even though the finishing kit is high end, again, it’s a few years old.
    What’s it worth?
    I can’t seem to arrive at a number, because I know what it cost (!), but secondhand, realistically? £800? More? less?
    My wife needs a new bike, and I’m trying to decide on a what to sell it for.

geetee1972
    Free Member

At the risk of denuding what I am sure is a very lovely bike, I would say less than £800, maybe only £500 as a complete bike or somewhere between the two figures if you broke it up and sold it as parts.

You would get a lot more for it by breaking it up. The Pike Air forks might be worth more than you think on their own, they always seem to sell quite well on eBay.

With a bike like this, you will absolutely get a lot more for it if you put it on eBay and offer it to international buyers.

Old tech is less old tech in other parts of the world where people don’t have as much cash (like in central and eastern Europe) or where you’re more likely to get a collector to buy it.

khani
    Free Member

Apart from different frame geometry the Id has the same suspension Tech as currant Ellsworth models, iirc the Id is a moment with higher bb, shorter wheelbase and a slightly steeper h/a, as said above, it’ll be worth more split down

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You’d would be lucky to get £500 all in. Regardless of the design being roughly the same as the current ones, a few issues were learnt from ID. Some structural changes were made.

aviemoron
    Free Member

I have a buyer right now with £500 cash – should I just take the sale?

khani
    Free Member

Yes,…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yes!!

aviemoron
    Free Member

It’s gone!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ellsworth ID how much’ is closed to new replies.