Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Elixir R vs. Elixir CR ? – opinions wanted please
  • james
    Free Member

I like the look of these but I’m unsure as to whether the extra pad contact adjustemnt of the CR’s are worth it over the R’s?
    R’s are a bit cheaper and a few grams lighter than CR’s
    How useful is the ‘C’ pad contact adjustment? Is it worth having?

Before anyone says, I’d ruled out the elixir 3 and 5 on weight. I’m happy with the g/£ saving with R’s

As for SLX, they’re well heavy

james
    Free Member

Anyone?

bol

I’ve used both. I really rate the Rs, but if I was buying again I’d take the CRs for the extra adjustment. They’re easier to get just right. On one have got a very good deal on the carbon version at the moment if you’d be happy with white ones?

nuke

Personally I’d say yes as I’ve found when swapping pads you can use the contact adjust to put the pistons right back rather than faffing around trying to push the pistons back manually…it’s a bit of a squeeze getting them in just like the old Juicy brakes I have. I thought, given the top access on the Elixir, it would just be a case of dropping in a new set of pads but it wasn’t quite as straight forward as that.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Just bought white 2010 CR’s from on-one – front and rear for £180 incl rotors – over 1/2 price.

Here – http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BCAVELIXCRC/avid-elixir-cr-carbon-disc-brake

WELL worth the extra over R’s and look trick! (sorry, I am a tart!)

M6TTF
    Free Member

Not used cr verdin but heard the adjuster ends up twisting of it’s own accord – this was when they first cane out so may have been sorted. Personally I have no problem setting up the r version, got them on both bikes

james
    Free Member

Spinning contact adjusters don’t sound good, I imagine a good chunk of riding in the peak on a fork in need of a service won’t help it out

R’s still being lighter than CR carbons is complicating things

rp16v
    Free Member

i have the r’s been running 2 and abit yeras bled once by myself and still top notch.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve had the R’s for 18 months, performed flawlessly, done nothing other than changing the pads.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Elixir R vs. Elixir CR ? – opinions wanted please’ is closed to new replies.