• This topic has 21 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by robh.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • electric toothbrush
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Are they worth the bother? Which is a good one? How do you choose? Dentist keeps suggesting I get one.

restless
    Free Member

Any Braun Oral B one.

My dentist told me to get one, cheapest one will do he said.

My gums are not good and since using this they don’t bleed as much.

Stoner
    Free Member

got a superdooper oral b one for cheap from boots during promotion last year.

Works well, nice clean.

I only use my singlespeed brush now when travelling or if there’s a risk of waking the wife with the buzzing 😉

richmars

Get a spare brush and use it for bike cleaning.

lodious
    Free Member

The Philips Ultrasonic ones are better at cleaning (IMHO) than the OralB ones, but they are a bit more tickly on the teeth. Both much better than conventional toothbrush.

highclimber
    Free Member

I cant use them as they tingle my nose too much!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Teeth should be accessed via the mouth.

project
    Free Member

Important tip, if you leave it plugged into the mains to charge up, and its in the bathroom dont allow it to drop into the sink full of water.

I did, luckily the power was off but when i pluged it in the next day, after empying the water out of it, a huge bang and a flash, and melted charger stand.

DickBarton

Don’t take them out the glass and clean them in there…

Trekster

Been using them for yrs. buy whatever is on offer when I see one

pinches
    Free Member

i bought a brAun oral B ultrasonic one when they were on offer in Tescos. I much prefer the ultrasonic ones to the ones that oscillate, mostly because you just use them in the same way as a normal toothbrush

busydog
    Free Member

Get a spare brush and use it for bike cleaning.

I have tried both Phillips and Oral B and like the Oral B better–both clean great, but like the Oral B better.

Whenever I replace an electric toothbrush, if it is still working to some degree, I retire it to the garage and use it to clean bike parts and other mechanical items—really does a good job for small parts–and no, I don’t use toothpaste 😀

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Oral B

brilliant. Cheap heads off e bay too

Pieface

they inflame my sensitive teeth so aren’t for everyone

creamegg
    Free Member

Oral B (cant remember which model), you feel the difference compared to manual brushing and it makes sure you brush for full 2 mins!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cheap Oral B ones ie on offer for about £20, a number of dentist have told me its not worth spending more, the difference between these electric ones and manual brushing is massive and your teeth feel awful if you have to use a manual toothbrush for a couple of days..

AndyP
    Free Member

If you live in a shared house (student or otherwise) don’t leave it in the bathroom.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve had a few and they do clean far better (in my hands+mouth) than a normal brush.
    Initially got a cheap oscillating OralB and it was excellent, until the missus chucked the charger. She then bought me a sonic one, I thought it was cr*p, so have now got a OralB Pro Flossing one, its very good and far cheaper than I bought it here:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Oral-B-Professional-Care-500-floss-action-electric-toothbrush_1219402/

tyke
    Free Member

Search around there are normally 50% offers on Oral-B electric toothbrushes. I’m sure Braun make their money on the replacement brush heads.

Beware of eBay for replacement brush heads most of them are fakes.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Had both the Philips Sonic and Braun Oscillating. Preferred the Philips if I’m honest but we’ve had two die on us, one battery after about 3 years, one mechanical thing broken inside after about a year. These cost in excess of £70 (much cheaper now I see) and brush heads seemed bonkers expensive for what they were. Now on a Braun oscillating cheapo, about 80% as good as the Philips and cheaper heads.

rocketman
    Free Member

random oral B one. I can just stand there in the morning with my eyes closed and let it get on with it.

Teeth feel spangly clean, much better than a conventional toothbrush

robh

Oral B here, dentist much happier with my teeth since I’ve been using it. Do have history of poor teeth.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘electric toothbrush’ is closed to new replies.