Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Electric log burner style heater.
  • el_diablo
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a decent log burner style electric fire?

We live in an old house and have just built a lovely stone fire place in one room, ideally we’d have fitted a real log burner, but it’s just not feasible in this room.

I’ve seen a few log burner style heaters, but they all seem to be made of pressed tin or mdf and are nothing more than a glorified fan heater. Anybody got anything more genuine looking?

globalti
    Free Member

You can get cast iron stoves that run on gas but they hiss and need an exhaust.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Gas is a no go either I’m afraid, needs to be electric, but real looking, it’ll be more for looking at than heating the room, but will need to kick out some warmth occasionally.

monkeyp

We had a similar issue and decided that trying to find something which imitated a decent log burner was always going to look rubbish. After many months we went for an electric fan heater with stones on the ‘bed’ which actually looks quite nice and mounts into the wall of the fireplace.

Fake logs will always look fake and naff in my opinion.

Either take the hit and go for the real deal, put in something other than a fire (vase of flowers for example) or go with something which is clearly more contemporary/modern.

globalti
    Free Member

Wrap yourselves in electric blankets?

Here, I’ve just Googled Modern Electric Fires and found this: http://www.acrheatproducts.co.uk/benefit/electric

It looks as if they have a cast-iron stove with an electric insert.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Electric log burner style heater.’ is closed to new replies.