Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Eicher vs Pagid vs Bosch for (car) discs and pads
  • geoffj

I need new discs and pads for the beemer and I was idly wondering what STW would recommend?
    So – are they all made in the same factory, low tech and cheapest is best OR
    Christ these are BRAKES, your life depends on decent stopping power and a million kittens and 50 child’s faces will die if I don’t go with the most expensive option.

Well?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Somewhere in between for normal road use. The difference will be more in longevity and performance when used very hard than in how they work under normal circumstances. Any of the brands you named should be o.k, Pagid make very good pads for sure, I’d assume their discs are good too.
    Personally I’ve sometimes chosen to go with good pads and slightly cheaper discs as a lot of the time corrosion kills the discs on the back surface before they are worn out although it depends whether you do mostly long or short trips

geoffj

I’ve gone for the safe matched Pagid discs and pads – I suspect the Eicher would be fine, but for the sake of £30 its probably not worth risking.

trail_rat
    Free Member

pagid have always been good for me and are a go to when i have time on my side to order up – mid price and good enough for audi.

ive also had decent results with drivetec(who) – who are what my local parts dept have – but i took the stance that rather than have **** disks on the car id rather fit what i can get today(had a long journey to make and was doing a check before i left) knowing that its in good condition than risk it with knackered stuff.

they have been on for 2 years now and have given no issue – we fitted a set to bruneeps car the other week also.

How ever if you like to make progress and feel the grip of the road through your steering wheel then i would suggest you get your self some top notch brakes because it will allow you to be traveling slower when you go through a hedge 😀

geoffj

How ever if you like to make progress and feel the grip of the road through your steering wheel then i would suggest you get your self some top notch brakes because it will allow you to be traveling slower when you go through a hedge

That’s bolloxed it up? 👿 They are for my mid-life-crisis rocket bangernomic luxo barge. Just gotta hope that the Pagids are as immense as my driving.

alanf
    Free Member

You could look on ebay at startstone Hull.
    They have an ebay shop and sell genuine parts at decent prices – when I last looked they were competitive with ECP on their premium ranges.

benji
    Free Member

Eicher are ok, but they are the budget end, if it was mine I would be fitting the Bosch, but the Pagid’s are a good brakeset. Fitted plenty to customers and no problems to date.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Eicher vs Pagid vs Bosch for (car) discs and pads’ is closed to new replies.