Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Eggs
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

GF fed smoked haddock to her chickens. Much as I love both eggs and smoked haddock, it’s not something I would recommend

ransos
    Free Member

I keep hens, so egg consumption is high in my household. I seem to still be alive.

And they taste delicious.

hilldodger
    Free Member

The only potential health threat (AFAIK) is from avidin in the egg white, but as this is inactivated by cooking it only really applies to the gym bunnies who drink those raw egg shakes.
    And now there’s far more use of milk protein based products I don’t think this is that big an issue……..

molgrips
    Free Member

So – I’ve got a question. We eat various different birds eggs, they are all fairly similar. Are reptile eggs the same? Could you make a crocodile omlette, and woudl it be disgusting? I assume they would work in the same way in a culinary sense. Or how about a turtle quiche?

thebunk

1 ostrich egg is the eggquivalent of 24 hens eggs and takes 50 minutes to softboil.

I know this as boss was buying one from Selfridges the other day (for an Egg Fondue) and bumped into Kate Humble who found the whole thing very funny. (My boss lives in a very different world to me)

Am pretty sure you can eat reptile eggs, but I couldn’t find a turtle quiche on the google. Would you use the meat for filling as well? Cos then shell could be the plate, thus using the whole turtle.

Here’s an Ostrich Scotch Egg instead.

eth3er
    Free Member

How do you like your eggs in the morning? I mean what’s the bestest way to make egg?

Northwind

molgrips – Member

No, they are not bad for you – very good for you in fact. Fill your boots/stomach. IIRC there used to be concern over the cholesterol but they figured out it’s not the bad kind.

So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too?

chvck
    Free Member

How do you like your eggs in the morning?

I like mine poached, I time them by the toaster. Eggs go in the water, toast goes down. When toast is down I put eggs on them, works for me! Makes really runny yokes 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Eggs are fine, it is now established that eating fat does not make you fat, carbs make you fat. How do you fatten a chicken? Feed it corn.

emma82
    Free Member

I grew up on shop bought eggs I.e illuminous(sp??) yellow kinda coloured yolk. My inlaws have chickens and gave me some. Boiled them at home and was quite disgusted that fresh eggs could be gone off – had cracked it open and the yolk was a deep orange kind of colour and I’d never seen them like that before. My bf then called me a townie for the next few months. Stil can’t believe the difference. Love eggs, they are the best 😀

cheez0
    Free Member

I’d like to scramble kate humbles eggs.

..and no-one has mentioned pickled, I love a pickled egg.

aracer
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Eggs’ is closed to new replies.