Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Effetto Mariposa CaffeLatex
  • orange
    Free Member

anybody used this new product in the UK yet?

or know who will be importing into the UK?

http://twentynineinches.com/2009/08/04/effetto-mariposa-caffelatex-final-review/

Gordymac
    Free Member

Don't know who is importing it yet but there must be someone doing so for it to end up here.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/08/fresh-goods-20/

Can any of the St guys shed any light on an importer?

Offroading
    Free Member

upgradebikes UK importer.

martinh
    Free Member

Ordered mine from the Effetto Mariposa website.

Easy to squirt in. Yes, you really can do it with the value in place. Sealed a hole in my sidewall as advertised.

Burty1
    Free Member

After seeing this product advertised and asking fellow MTB riders about it, none of which had tried it, I thought I’d do my bit and try it out especially as it seemed not bad value for a litre bottle. So here we go. I fitted my Continental Mountain King Supersonic’s onto my Stan’s rims with around 120ml of Caffelatex in each wheel and pumped them up with my compressor, it was no suprise that the sidewalls were porous; but with experience with Stan’s sealant I new to give things a good shake and keep rorating the wheel whilst doing so. It took ages for me to get a semi air tight seal. All semed to work in the end though so before going out to try them I topped them up with air. The sealant began to blast it’s way through the sidewalls in jets at around 30psi so I started the shaking of the wheel again. In the end I decided to try going for a ride. The agitating of the tyre on the road led to an almost completely flat tyre in less than 2 miles and Caffelatex everywhere. Enough was enough. The Caffelatex came out and the Stan’s went in, Two rotations of the wheel whilst shaking and the porous sidewalls were sealed and I would have been happy if I hadn’t wasted my money and time on the Caffelatex. The advert says it can seal 6mm puncture on a MTB, I could not even get it to seal pinholes in a porous sidewall!
    What can I say- I tried, it failed!! Save yourself valuble time, money and stress. STAN’s STAN’s STAN’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Effetto Mariposa CaffeLatex’ is closed to new replies.