Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Edinburgh Wednesday night ride
  • stevemtb
    Free Member

Well the sun is out (just now) and the wind appears to have dropped so does anyone fancy a spin out tonight?

Happy to go out in the Pentlands or head down to the borders, not been in the Pentlands for a few weeks so no idea what the conditions will be like.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Soggy I would think

ojom
    Free Member

It’s wet and squidgy up there – went for a run yesterday.

Alas, tonight is Chop Chop night!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Ok, I’m going to head down to Inners or GT, no strong preference which.

Can easily fit one more in the car, could do two with taking wheels off so give me a shout if anyone wants a lift down.

Think I’m meeting Scott there about 7 so leaving Edinburgh around 6.

Anyone else coming??

bigjim

Yeah Pentlands were a bit damp on Saturday, start and end of clubbidean are very bad and the phantom branch layer is back at Pistachio, so we dragged them into the bushes! Poets is fine though. Some brave souls with mud tyre had ridden along the tops when we were walking them on Sunday too.

I’m probably heading to GT for 7 with the girls but if you smelly boys are there could ride with you instead – I always feel a bit cheeky riding with the ladies but apparently its OK!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gonna go ride along the coast in the sunshine myself.

bigjim

get a job hippy!

bigjim

Did you head to GT steve? I went with the hervelos and it was a great evening for a ride, frosty and lots of stars out. I saw some guys setting up when we got there at about 7 but couldn’t see you. Bumped into Stu up the hill though.

Stu

Was a cracking night indeed – very calm at the top of spooky wood for once!

bigjim

Anyone thinking of going to the Hub ride out and BBQ on saturday?

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Hub that is.

bigjim

Ah, the wanderer returns 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

Chop Chop was amazing.

stevemtb
    Free Member

I met Scott and went round Inners. First time I’ve been round there in the dark and what a night for it.

Beautiful clear evening, very cold until about 10 feet up the first climb!

Hadn’t heard of the Hub ride out, pretty busy on Saturday. What time is is on? If it’s afternoon I may have to come along mostly to indulge in the BBQ!!

Stu

We are having a wee ‘do’ next weekend-basically tracy and i will be heading out for a ride at 4pm on Saturday (22nd) and anyone is welcome to join us-it will be easy as more cake has been consumed this summer than riding-then we are gonna have a BBQ at the cafe from about 5.30pm/6pm-its a bit of a farewell get together before we close forever (which is the 27th November)-so customer/friends if you are about come and join us and remember some good times. Emma x

from: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hub/197475380297169?ref=ts&sk=wall

bigjim

I could be tempted to go if others are, I’ve spent a lot of time there in the last few years and it would be kinda nice to join in. Don’t want to go on my own though! It does look like it might be a bit wet though…

Northwind

Met Office are saying lovely and dry, BBC are saying remember to pack your folding Ark.

sharki
    Free Member

it’ll be dry, I’m bringing the sun up with me.

stevemtb
    Free Member

As long as it’s going to be an easy ride and dry then I’m up for it.

Jim – email address is in my profile is you want to share travel costs…

bigjim

Well I had my work leaving bash last night and I’m so hungover I don’t think I’ll be leaving the house never mind riding a bike up a hill and back. Pretty annoyed but it seemed a good idea at the time…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Wednesday night ride’ is closed to new replies.