Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ebay/paypal help
  • ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi, i’ve sold a few things through ebay using paypal.

However one item that i have sold is causing problems. The buyer says he has paid, but on my account it shows an egg timer and says that the payment is being processed. Does anyone know the reason for this, and how long it will take to clear? Thanks

alibongo001

This is because the customer paid using an e-cheque.

(Usually as he did not have enough money in his paypal account to pay, so the Paypal system takes money from his bank account to pay, but takes about 10 days to do it!)

You could go into Paypal and it will confirm the details of the payment and let you know when it is likely to clear

Hope this helps
    Al

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Thanks for your help, Al. I’ll have another look at paypal.

danandem
    Free Member

If its not to do with an e-cheque it could be because either the buyer or you may have changed the email address linking paypal to ebay (this happened to me ages ago when I changed the main email address in paypal and it was so complicated to find out what had happened!)

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Thanks danandem.

PePPeR

The other problem for Paypal users is when the debit or credit card they are using to support their PayPal account is out of date and they need to update the details with their new card.

Paypal then take the money out of the account by direct debit which takes an age.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ebay/paypal help’ is closed to new replies.