Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ebay: why do people bid….
  • josh1982
    Free Member

…..when the price is so low and reserve is met. surely be better to all bang a bid on at the end? then would get possible bargain?

druidh
    Free Member

Yeah – and then they get to come on here and whinge about how they were out-bid by 2p at the end. 🙄

josh1982
    Free Member

i guess some people really want the item no matter the price and just bang on the amount they are happy to pay. I just want a bargain!

Drac

Maybe they're not going to be around when the bid is due to expire.

deserter
    Free Member

maybe they want to up the price for their mate 😉

druidh
    Free Member

josh1982 – Member
    i guess some people really want the item no matter the price and just bang on the amount they are happy to pay. I just want a bargain!

In which case you bid what you are prepared to pay. Is this really so strange a concept to grasp?

brakes
    Free Member

maybe they want to up the price for their mate

jackpot

john_l
    Free Member

Out of interest, how long would you leave it after the winning bidder hasn't got in touch or paid before you re-listed? Is there a procedure?

BenjiM

Out of interest, how long would you leave it after the winning bidder hasn't got in touch or paid before you re-listed? Is there a procedure?

Difficult to say realy, probably about a week maybe. I had an issue with one guy who never responded to my messages until I said I was going to open a dispute but he'd already posted the item by then. Everything was fine really but his communication was terrible, he didn't even leave me feedback and when you're spending 300 quid it would have been courteous to give some.

scaredypants

In which case you bid what you are prepared to pay. Is this really so strange a concept to grasp?

and if someone sees that you've outbid them, they think about it and often end up paying more than they really wanted to, just to win

unless you bid late and don't give them the time to do so

if you're able to be "there" at the close, there's no logic in bidding before the last few seconds

Reluctant
    Free Member

Or if you can't "be" there, set up a sniper.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I only ever snipe, if you don't someone else will, costing you the item…

tomzo
    Free Member

obivously the snipe only works if your wiling to pay the most for it….

bassspine
    Free Member

… in which case why not just bid what you're prepared to pay? Sniping is pointless – everyone and their shill-bidding dog has snipeware

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

What amazes me is when people end up bidding more for a second-hand item than the price of it new … even when the cost new is mentioned in the advert. I've seen this happen a few times now on stuff currently available more cheaply just by doing a simple internet search. Bizarre 😕

Guess I don't have the gambling gene …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ebay: why do people bid….’ is closed to new replies.