• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by sv.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ebay shenanigans
  • sandwicheater

Hey guys
    A bit new to ebay and have the following problem.
    Purchased a chainsaw and paid cash on collection. Turns out not the make advertised (is a B&Q special and advertised as an Einhell). In addition a crucial part is missing to tension chain and being a B&Q special I’ll not be able to get one.
    Obviously I want a refund (haven’t used it. Picked up Saturday just gone and realised the problem on Monday) but the seller is ignoring my emails.
    I’ve lodged a complaint with ebay (after a couple or courteous emails to the seller).
    My question is. Will I ever see my money again?

wwaswas

either visit and ‘have it out’ (high risk, could go either way) or write to them registered post saying that you intend to take them to small claims court for sellign goods not as described unless refund received by ‘x’ date.

ski
    Free Member

Have you got a copy of the advert?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Presumably you had time to inspect goods at collection before paying regardless of the advert

user-removed
    Free Member

It’ll be harder than usual, given that you already have the goods and that (crucially) he already has your money… I would definitely be in favour of turning up at his house first (in a non-confrontational way) and pointing out that he’s obviously got mixed up and given you completely the wrong item.

If that fails, then maybe escelate it, but don’t hold out much hope.

dooosuk
    Free Member

If you honestly want anything to come from it you’re going to have to turn up on his door.

Why didn’t you inspect when you collected?

Surely something as simple as a brand is easy enough to check.

sandwicheater

I’d never purchased/held a chain saw so took his word. Started it up and ran/runs fine. The saw plate is Einhell so presumed the body was. I’d kept a copy of the advert which advises it is a Einhell Chainsaw in perfect working order.
    I’ll see how the ebay resolution thing gets on and failing that a threatning letter.
    Cheers guys

mrflaky
    Free Member

On the plus side, if you do turn up, you have a chainsaw, which is very good initial negotiating tactic, just knock on his door with it running and then ask for your money back.

Unfortuantly he may have used your money to buy one of these, in which case run away

sandwicheater

Hmm, reckon a visit will be the quickest way to put this to bed.
    As for identifications there is no branding on the machine body, just the saw blade.

sandwicheater

Good thinking mrflaky. Running chainsaw trumps bombers any day.

sv

Solent tools sell spares for the B&Q stuff should all else fail.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ebay shenanigans’ is closed to new replies.