Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebay madness!
  • ski
    Free Member

Why do people bid for stuff on Ebay without checking how much it cost to buy new?

(not mentioning any brand names)

Saddle for sale on Ebay at the moment, bid ups to £25, same saddle sold new for £15

Why do people do this?

steve_b77
    Free Member

It's the fever 😆

naokfreek
    Free Member

cos they is idiots

aphex_2k
    Free Member

If it's on eBay then it MUST be cheaper than any where else. Fact.

Don't question it. Embrace it.

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Ebay culture, people think they are getting a bargain, when most times they dont.
    Mind you, I got a set of brand new Sram X9 shifters for £40 posted. Thats a real bargain.

thv3
    Free Member

Check out some of the bikes being sold, especially on a nice sunny friday afternoon.

I saw a 3 year old standard spec Specialized HT sell for more £150 more than the brand new 2009 version?????????

hora
    Free Member

Its the 'I must "win" this auction', I've "won" it! Wahoo..I "win" 😕

RealMan
    Free Member

Maybe its full of people who are fanatically environmentally friendly – they'd rather pay more money for something 2nd hand rather then have companies use the earth's resources making a new one.

mrben100
    Free Member

Ssshhhhhhhhhh……..don't shout about it, not bike related but recently sold a load of old PS2 games on there. Someone paid £20 for a game that you can by new online for around a fiver. 🙂

What goes around comes around though, I'm pretty sure I've probably paid more for stuff in the past than I should have! 😳

mrben100
    Free Member

Seams like ^^realman has been caught out also.

(seems like a well rehearsed line fed to the other half when the question 'you paid how much?' gets asked) 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

No actually, I've only ever bought a few things off ebay.

1 x ck headset with ti crown race and ti bolt and carbon spacers (£51)

1 x thomson stem (£35)

1 x ritchey wcs carbon rizers (new, £50ish?)

So I think I've done quite well. My mates an ebay genius, so he helps me out whenever I need it – he sells broken worthless stuff to idiots who think they can fix anything, and makes loads.

charliedontsurf

Most folk are not as smart as us STWers. We are "pro-sumers" like ultra ninja super hero consumers. We read reviews, test ride, use forums for advice and then hunt down a good deal. Where as many people just want a mountainbike with that right clever suspension that you can get nowadays (and brian down the pub says is ace and you can see it moving when riding along the road, it's that good) and will happily bid on a Raleigh activator or Saracen cheapy full sussers.

PePPeR

I'm selling a load of cameras on ebay at the moment and I'm amazed at what people are paying for them, they were left to me by my Father and I've ben gradually searching out how much they are going for on ebay and other shops and sales sites. Its constantly amazing me just how much people are paying for these old cameras. People said I should just take them along to a shop and get them to buy the job lot off me. But I've seen shops advertising cameras cheaper than I'm selling them on ebay for, do you think the shops are going to give me anywhere near what they fetch on ebay?

Yes I know there are Ebay and PayPals rip off fees to contend with, but so far its seemed to be worth it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ebay madness!’ is closed to new replies.