Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ebay issue – advice please
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Hello all,

I recently bought some forks for parts off the 'bay – all seemed good aprat from a number of scratches and a gouge on the stanchions ( quite noticeable by running a nail down and through the anodizing into the metal ) they weredescribed as ' mark free stanchions'… i am not happy and will contact the seller in due course – am I being an arse or should I point this out and haggle re discount or go via paypal or put it down to experience.??

paul

Northwind

Go after them. Calm and reasonable at first but be prepared to hound them like a mad dog. Paypal's claims system does work but it'd designed to be hard to use so if you go that route, be prepared to jump through hoops. Most people will either cave in immediately or will wait til they see if you're serious, but with a bit of determination you should get something, either a full refund or a suitable part refund.

Oh, and obviously if you go for a refund don't send it back til you have cash in hand.

Of course, this might not seem worth the hassle. I tend to take it as a slight to my honour and so follow scammers to the end of the earth, never had one who didn't cave after I started small claims… But sometimes it's probably not worth it, I never know when to stop.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

give paypal a call, always proved fairly helpful to me

theboatman
    Free Member

Doesn't sound like they were 'as described', so have at 'em.

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

And youll have to post them probaly to get a refund, you give ebay the tracking number and when it states delivered they process your refund

Jon

toys19
    Free Member

simple -try and get a sensible response from seller. if that fails ( as long as you got through paypal and ebay) start a not as described claim, return the goods and paypal will refund. Must start claim whitin a certain time I thinks its 15 days..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ebay issue – advice please’ is closed to new replies.