Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • EBAY IDOT – kgb9000
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Avoid selling to this freak, he brought an item 5 days go, listing clearly stated dispatch in 10 DAYS (put this as I knew it would be late this week), the nutter called my house this morning at 7.30am. Had a go at my wife and then threatened to come to my house to sort me out, I said he was wrong and the listing was 10 day dispatch.. he said he did not care and carried on this mental ramblings. If your on here…… go see a shrink!

scaredypants

– suppose you could time your auctions for when you can send stuff out

(out of interest, how would he get your number/address ?)

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Tell me you didn't put your phone number in the listing?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spankmonkey
    Free Member

no you can get peoples contact details from ebay. I never have a good time to dispatch with work and family comitments hence clearly putting 10 days for dispatch which gives me time. He said it was not on there he finally found it but ranted on that he did not care, I said he brought the item and accepted my T&C's. As for threatening me….. freak

What a nice bloke

stompy

I'd not have him ringing my house and speaking to the lady like that…… tell him to pop by so you can talk it through then deck him when he gets there.

Violence may not be the answer but it's satisfying and in some cases the only language some people understand 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

**** me i never check dispatch times…

if i bought something and then found it had (essentially in the small print) a dispatch time of 10 days i'd be mighty unimpressed.

might not ring your wife… but you'd be getting an email or two…

Lifer
    Free Member

End of the day if it's in the listing it's in the listing and it's his own stupid fault for not reading it properly!

tracknicko
    Free Member

hmmmm. yeh i guess. but thats a bit out of the ordinary… maybe you should have it in the main text too? nice and bold? that would have appeased me in this situation i guess…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

its not in the SMALL print, any ebay listing you have to show the disptach time and when he paid, his order would have said the estimated delivery date! the idiot did not bother to read any of it, as for calling me and threatening me over some tyres.. should report the nutter to the plod, as for having a go at my wife, yes a good kicking is derserved for that, no need for it at all! here is the bloody clear postage details

Estimated delivery
    Seller dispatches within 10 day after receiving cleared payment.

Lifer
    Free Member

I had a guy buy an effects pedal from me, 'paypal only' 'instant payment required'

Paid by bloody e-cheque 10 days to clear in paypal 3 days to clear to my account.

FFS

tracknicko
    Free Member

i suppose. though the optomistic side of me would have thought 'ahhh within 10 days' im sure it will arrive in that time.

cant please everyone mate.

and yes i'd batter his knees for abusing your wife.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

if he had called and said not received, I then state 10 days as per the listing then he said ok, or even want a refund I may have been fine, but going nuts when he has no leg to stand on is not on. I said if you think im in the wrong go and raise it with paypal, he said no….. and he could not as they would look at the listing and say sorry Mr xxxx has 4 more days to post your item. Well eitherway he has been reported to ebay for threatening me and harrasment by calling back 3 times in a row.

uplink
    Free Member

Paid by bloody e-cheque 10 days to clear in paypal 3 days to clear to my account.

He probably didn't do it deliberately – or even know about it

Paypal defaults to this if you don't have a debit card tied to your account & you don't have enough funds in Paypal – even when you have a verified bank account with Direct Debit set up
    There's loads of other reasons it does it too

chris82
    Free Member

Like a few others have said, probably give him a slap for talking to the Mrs like that if he comes back.

Did he collect the tyres whilst he was there? If not seems like a bit of a wasted journey. I think in his shoes I'd of probably dropped you a quick mail to see if I could collect to speed things along.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

he called but threatened to come to my house and "talk" to me, which is a joke as he is in peterborough and im in Bristol + he does not have my address. I think he had a screw loose! I did say if he called again I would report him to the police for harassment. ffs all over a set of tyres and because he did not read the terms of the sale. Begs belief

cookeaa

Personally I never expect particularly prompt deliveries form any ebay seller…

sellers often have to fit a trip to the post office around, work/family which I can understand, I’ve never been in that much of a hurry to get something that I’ve phoned, I’ve only ever emailed a couple of times (politely) when stuff drags on for a fortnight or so, I would assume that if someone quotes 10 days, they are giving themselves a bit of leeway to pop into the post office on a weekend…

As a seller I always stick to my quoted dispatch time, and don’t promise a time I can’t realistically manage, which appears to be what the OP has done…

The buyer is probably just too used to CRC, Wiggle etc with there silly fast, silly cheap delivery times, couple that with a bit much sugar and caffeine in his diet then and the result is a horrid little arse on the phone…

Having said that I wouldn’t invite him to your home, yes it would be nice to slap him for the insult to your missus, but what if threatening phone calls are the tip of a very nasty psychotic iceberg?
    It’s always tempting to assume these kind of people are suffering from short bloke syndrome, that’s not always the case though and I’d prefer to keep my home free of nutters if possible…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

oh beleive me as much as I will always stand up for myself and protect my family this freak will not be coming anywhere near my home, you have it spot on, I left myself some lea way, sadly my kids have D&V bug, work is hectic and we have other bad family health issues hence my 10 day time I posted on the listing, this bloke was told of the issues and my reason for the 10 days, he said he did not care……… simply a horrid nasty little man. Well I have refunded him and reported his actions

Lifer
    Free Member

He probably didn't do it deliberately – or even know about it

Paypal defaults to this if you don't have a debit card tied to your account & you don't have enough funds in Paypal – even when you have a verified bank account with Direct Debit set up
    There's loads of other reasons it does it too

Ah okay, feel a bit bad now!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Probably worth reporting him to eBay. Abuse shouldn't be tolerated regardless.

Then again, you do have his address don't you. How about some recorded delivery wee'd in slippers to sign for.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can't he just pick it up when he comes to your house then?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘EBAY IDOT – kgb9000’ is closed to new replies.