Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ebay and cars/vans
  • kevonakona
    Free Member

So what's the score? You bid and win is there a come back given you've not even been for a tyre kick? Or is that it you take it away there and then(or travel some miles to get it).
    Not talking huge money but been unable to get to see it (and i pretty much want it) assuming it's in good nick i'll take it. I can only get down after the end of auction.

skidartist
    Free Member

the deal is that your bid is binding provided the goods are as described, so with a used car you want to look for exhaustive descriptions and as many of the car faults, dents, scratches listed as possible. A few blurry pics and some blurry words leave you without a leg to stand on once you've bid.

luke
    Free Member

You bid to win, not to look around it after the auction. I bought a dog of a ka for the brother inlaw paid the cash got it home wacked it back on the bay with better pics and a decent trueful description and got £70 more than I'd paid for it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup get a good description.

MrNutt
    Free Member

if its not as described, for example I had bid on a renault 5 that I was assured was *very tidy* and *two lady owners* and they'd posted up photos of the car prior to it being given to their son in law who ragged the guts out of the poor thing. Went to look at it and it was well on its way out, full of sand/grit, fag ends and very clearly not "very tidy". if no one else bids on it then its in the hands of my solicitors, they even asked me not to leave negative feedback if I did win! (then proceeded to call me a liar, etc). Some people eh?!

Edric64
    Free Member

had this with my step sons clio .we got the train to Manchester from Bristol to buy it .It made horrible noises all the way home because of a dangerously **** wheel bearing (new mot! )He was not happy with negative feedback called me a last minute bidder which was true and said I didn't ask questions .Which I did.I didnt expect a car with an illegal back street mot.so I grassed them up to the mot people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ebay and cars/vans’ is closed to new replies.