• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • easy ups ??
  • jedi

i was thinking of getting one made, you know the ones they use at bike demo days. any idea how much and who does them?

boblo
    Free Member

Pukka E-Zups can be quite expensive, depending what you go for. Have a look on Ebay for copies. Can be had for much less £££.

mattp
    Free Member

gazebo

try searcing for gazebo from diy type stores i bought a less than £20 one and have had it for years

murderburgh
    Free Member

ask brian gibb at the cycle jersey – should be able to sort you out

http://www.thecyclejersey.com/

takisawa2

We’ve got a pop up gazebo, with zip in sides. Its not exactly easy to transport though. And its heavy.

frogger
    Free Member

Jedi, if possible get a compact one with an aluminum frame. The steel ones weigh a ton and are very long. At first you might not think it’s worth spending the extra but trust me it is.

This is the place I used. They do custom printed compact shelters in ali: http://www.surfturf.co.uk/protex_compact.htm

A 3m X 3m shelter with sides will set you back about £400-£500.

Vortexracing

@ frogger, apart from the weight what else is wrong with the steel ones?

are very long in their normal

I didn’t get this bit 😕

slowrider
    Free Member

I got confused with pull ups, thought this was going to be a potty training thread

frogger
    Free Member

@Vortexracing – sorry mate, English not my first language, my brain not yet working properly this morning. Should have said ‘in their normal guise’ but changed my mind about the sentence half way through. 😀

Oh and to also answer your other question, they are heavy and very long when folded up. So long that they don’t fit sideways in most cars (doesn’t fit sideways in my Jeep Grand Cherokee) so you have to lay them diagonally and then they take up a ton of awkward space.

Last time I saw Jedi he had a van so it might not matter but I still have one of those cheaper Argos steel shelters (£80) and I now have a Transporter T5 and it even annoys me in that as I have to lay it long ways and slide it under one of the seats. Also a pain to store in the garage with the bikes and others stuff.

I am a big boy and still find the thing heavy to handle. 😳

Vortexracing

cheers

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Those surf&turf ProTex2 ones look the same as the one we’ve got (from the feet, joints, construction) though ours came from a different company. Pretty sure they’re made and printed in China then shipped over. Ours has worked pretty well BUT despite being Aluminium rather than steel it weighs an absolute ton.

Genuine ezy-ups are super expensive.

jedi

hmmmmmmm

neilb67
    Free Member

We have gone through a fair few ez-ups at work. We use them for extra cover at race weekends. Had a few of the “cheaper” ones and they just dont last, we use them 3 or 4 times a months during the season. As previously said the steel ones are heavy but we use them as we like the extra weight for when it gets a bit windy. So for that reason we spend the extra money and go for the genuine Ez-Ups.

Mugboo

Jedi, ask over on SingletrAction forum. Ask after Ian Sikora he did the research and sorted one for us.

jedi

mugboo, link?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘easy ups ??’ is closed to new replies.