Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • E-Bay problem, where do I stand?
  • neninja
    Free Member

On reflection I’d call it a lucky escape. Having seen one 3 week old 2010 carbon frame in 3 pieces on the floor of my local Commencal dealer I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

On the Purple Mountain website they describe their demo fleet based at Dalby as ‘Posh hire’ bikes – you’ve no idea how abused and mistreated that bike has been. I wouldn’t touch a carbon framed ex-hire/demo bike.

hora
    Free Member

Pity, at £1,200 it represented cracking value

greenboy
    Free Member

Name and shame and then take legal action to enforce contract. It’s a legal contract with both parties agreeing to the rules so go for it!

theboatman
    Free Member

Name and shame and then take

I think the link on the previous page to the actual ebay sale itself does that.

pedalhead
    Free Member

They clearly don’t understand how an auction works. I’d persue it if it were me.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’d persue it with ebay! what is this legal claim about, don’t waste your time with the small claims court that really isn’t what it should be used for IMO!!

AndySlats
    Free Member

A happy ending
    After some correspondence with the shop, and particullay the man in charge there ( i think ) I was able to have the bike. we did a little negotiation on the price, but the shop were very accomodating.
    Restored my faith in human nature
    Thanks

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

How much then? Spill the beans.

AndySlats
    Free Member

A bit more that i wnated and abit less than the shop probably wanted.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

As long as your happy and you can afford it then all is good.

bungie
    Free Member

That’s great news. I hadn’t noticed when I posted earlier that you were talking about Purple Mountain. They are the on site LBS at Dalby and have an operation at Kielder too. Certainly a legitimate outfit and you will get good back up service too. The staff are great. But obviously new to Ebay and made a mess of it this time.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Shock news “Bungi in bigging up LBS at Dalby” 🙂 I do hope they have a good sale rail for you to raid when next we play in Dalby my urstwhile SS jockey……….

bungie
    Free Member

Stumpy, yow cheeky monkey.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Sorry bungie I dont know what come over me. I do hope this wont damage our man love sessions in the forest ? Oh the smell of ginger.. 😯

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘E-Bay problem, where do I stand?’ is closed to new replies.