Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • E-13 LG1+ vs MRP Mini G (Which to buy?)
  • 4130soul
    Free Member

As per the title, which would you recommend?

Looking to buy the 32-36tooth version of either of them just want to get some feedback from owners about any niggles, problems, good points, bonuses etc

GW
    Free Member

E13

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

/\

Great advice GW… 🙄

LG1 imho the space between the plates on the top, well its narrow so getting it adjusted for the full range without rubbing can be a pain, the space was not much wider than the chain!!!! I had to space mine out with washers which was not ideal! in a nut, pain to set up but once on very nice! cannot comment about the mrp

GW
    Free Member

spankmonkey –

it wasn't advice, just an honest answer to his first question.
    there are a ridiculous amount of tedious "which chainguide for 1×9?" etc.
    threads on here these days. The OP hasn't even bothered to say what frame, chainset, chainring they plan on using so me typing my experience with a completely different set-up may not even relevant.

If it's advice you're after, my advice to you would be: purchace your next bike part from a decent bike shop and have someone there who knows what they are doing fit it for you. chaindevices are pretty **** simple.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

GW simply put you said LG1 with no justification, sure there have been lots of posts about 1×9 but the Op asked a specific LG1 vs G2, your post did not say anything about why LG1 and therefore offered no useful information. Do you think he should got the LG1 just because you said so? some more helpful reasons why may have been useful.

Knowing the OP personally I can say he knows how to fit a chaindevice and fully build a bike from scratch, as I also do, he is obviously is trying to make a decision on which would be the best value for the cost and was looking for answers to

any niggles, problems, good points, bonuses etc

there are a ridiculous amount of tedious "which chainguide for 1×9?" etc.
    threads on here these days.

If it bothers you why post?

Oh the joys of happytrackworld

GW
    Free Member

I do have justification for my choice.
    whether my justification is relevant to your friend, I have no way of knowing.. so why don't you tell us what frame & whether it has ISCG mounts or not, chainset, chainring and size he wants to fit it to, how many gears he's running, and how/where he rides it? for all I know he may not even need a chaiguide!
    So No, I don't think he should buy an LG1+ because I said "I" would

BTW all chain devices need spacing to fit different chainline/frame set-ups?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I do have justification for my choice.
    whether my justification is relevant to your friend, I have no way of knowing..

if you post your reasons up im sure people can decide if they are relevant

for all I know he may not even need a chaiguide!

thats not the question here, he is asking which one to choose, he is more than capable of deciding if he needs one, he is a very good and experienced rider just trying to choose a new guide.

BTW all chain devices need spacing to fit different chainline/frame set-ups?

in my example I was not refering to the spacing from the frame, I meant the gap between the top plates, I had to put a washer between them to make the gap larger as i had chain rub, the chain hit either side in top or bottom gear

tbh I think your reading too much into this post, its a simple question which guide is the best for the cash. lg1+ or the mini g2, not "do I need a guide at all", "what guide for a pub trip, or "what guide for riding over sheep"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘E-13 LG1+ vs MRP Mini G (Which to buy?)’ is closed to new replies.