Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro – another cracking event
  • Doug
    Free Member

While quite a few riders flew past on the descents without warning the only one I remember was in a green t-shirt and y ddraig goch pisspot helmet. I only remember as it was distinctive.

I’m sorry if I surprised you. I shouted “on your left/right” when approaching everyone I passed however understand that it can sometimes be missheard or not heard at all so also waited for a passing place that riders only had to hold their line on rather than move out of the way.

Surfr
    Free Member

LOL I should have figured they would be an STW’er. As I said, I only remembered due to the helmet. I wasn’t that fussed but others might have been. I probably couldn’t hear you over my squealing brakes which hide the sounds of my own girlish screaming 😉

orange
    Free Member

twas very excellent! 🙂 i just love those dh’s

i was gobsmacked when the lad on the snowmobile sped past me on the tarmac, how much tyre drag? and he finished in 3.5hrs – amazing

only gripe i had was the d!ckhead on the yeti shouting “BEEP” at people, not “rider” or “rider on the right, cheers” – just BEEP!

what a XwXX! i really really had a strong urge to stop, turn around and deck him….

shinsplints

Re my comments about knobs in club jerseys don’t worry Aber lads…it was supposed to be a dig at the Swinno’s boys from Cannock !

****waves at Rich Harris**** 😆

frazjones

more pics up on facebook site now.

whytetrash

2nd that guy on yeti=****!

AIfonzo
    Free Member

Shinsplints which lad were you, i was riding with Rich Harris …..i say riding… he was eating my dust…. he’s my Cocky uncle on his new s-works haha seems to be working for him though.

shinsplints

alfonzo – Don’t know if I met you mate – I was on a black & silver trance,Dysynni CC club shirt.I was with another Swinnos lad on a Lapierre hardtail towards the top of the first climb,then Rich passed us just after the moorland section when we stopped to help one of the younger club lads with his flat.Rich mentioned you had a good ride though,ripped his legs of didn’t you ? GOOD WORK ! 😆 – was it you that broke the cleat off your shoe & rode the last few km’s with one foot ? ! LOL….That S Works doesn’t weigh much does it ?

shinsplints

Anything to add to the above comments Rich ? young pretenders eh…..when I were a lad etc etc….. 😉

Willie-hangon
    Free Member

Is there a list of finishing times on line yet???

richie_boy2
    Free Member

Shinsplints and Alfonzo, I just let my ridin do the talkin dudes 😈

roach

**** hell! I was number 249 and I came in 249th 😮

Surfr
    Free Member

Bringing up the rear with position 614 and a time of 6:14 (presuming start at 11:00)

antennae
    Free Member

results here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=r4kLdRVuKSEYWzlKQwICC_A

wow um, that’s slightly embarrassing. languishing right at the bottom!

the marshalls told us we were the last ones around the long loop but it says i didn’t do it. does anyone know where the extra part was?

whytetrash

Yep bit odd that, I thought the extra loop took you away from and back to the feed station?…I did it too!

Also can’t see times for 3 of my mates on there who deffo finished…seems like they’ve rushed this a bit!…couple of peoples moby no’s posted as clubs too….best get those removed!

roach

I initially thought that the loop back to the feed station was “THE loop” but I think the extra loop was further on as I saw riders rejoining the trail and one of them was talking to a girl saying he was the last one to do it.

I’m sure I’ve heard that there was other options to cut the ride short for people who were taking too long.

Surfr
    Free Member

Everyone did the loop from the food station out and back again once. I was towards the rear of the event then and got held up by the air ambulance landing. They did however shut off the slabby descent which started at the feed station area where the accident was. I think this accounted for about 1Km. Then a further loop towards the finish was removed.

orena45

Finished 603rd!

So does anyone know which section(s) I missed out on – http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8140833 (easier to see the route if you download it to Google Earth :-))

zokes
    Free Member

100! (about 350 places higher than I finished)

shinsplints

Rich – I know,I remember the Cannock beasting…..Some of my crowd won’t come out with me anymore ! 😥 Their loss !

martyntr
    Free Member

Not amazing but a respectable for a rugby player sized fella 347th. The extra loop was about 1/4 the way up the final climb. The loop closed after the first 200 but went straight on at a junction instead of the left hand (ish) turn uphill which everyone else followed. My/our mate Dave Reed (&wife) were marshalling that point 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro – another cracking event’ is closed to new replies.