Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • dyfi enduro
  • senorj

Hello.
    I'm doing the dyfi enduro in just over a months time.
    Any top tips people would like to share?
    Is the campsite any good or should I look further afield?
    Are your bikes safe on the site?
    Is it a good crack?Which band is playing?
    Also, It looks like i may have a full 72 hour pass (hurrah),
    so as I'm not gonna win it (ha ha) I may go up on the friday.
    Can you ride the trails on the saturday before the event?
    Thanks.
    J.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I'm doing it with some mates – but I ca't answer any of your questions 😉 Apart from take it easy on the day – don't blitz it to hard or you'll prob stack like I did half way round 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Pound some hills for the next month, you'll enjoy it more . . .

PJ266
    Free Member

Tips? Its a long way with alot of uphill, so take it easy if youre not uber fit. The downhills are excellent but pretty rocky, last year there were alot of riders walking down the edges of the trails. Its a great event, the campsite is good, bikes are as safe as on any other campsite. You cant really ride any of the enduro trails beforehand (unless you know youre way around the Dyfi) however the Climachx trail is defo worth a go.

darrenm
    Free Member

Best enduro type event I have done (although not done that many others to be fair), course is designed around downhill fun. First climb out of Mach goes on and on and on. Lots of rocks so ensure tyres are set at a sensible pressure, on first decent two years ago I remember passing through a corridor of folk changing tubes.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Focussed on Downhill fun?! The down hills are good, but that gives the wrong impression.

Most of the distance and time will be covered climbing fire-roads. Take tyres that give you a bias for good rolling. Your legs will thank you after the halfway mark Worth a little compromise on the downs IMO. Unless you're in a competitive position, most of the rocky descents will have a film of mud on them by the time you get there – not many tyres will help you with that anyway. I did it on Small block 8's. Crossmarks would be good too I reckon

Its a nice event of its type with a good vibe.

walla24
    Free Member

i have a question, do you need to carry food/much water? how frequent are the pit stops?
    cheers

orena45

There's a food station about halfway round with bananas (and flapjack I think) and energy drink but it's a good idea to take some supplies with you anyway.

senorj

All sounds good.
    I love climbing and descending.
    Thanks.
    pj266- So will the climachx trail(s) be open on the saturday then?
    Or should I go somewhere else?

ash

Best enduro type event I have done

the funny thing about the dyfi enduro is that it isn't an enduro 🙂

emac65
    Free Member

It's crap & not worth doing imo…..
    You should sell me your place…….

Gutted that I missed out this year 😥

postierich
    Free Member

Eamonn be a shame to miss out quite a few lads from my posse going mainly for the beer!
    Anyone else want to join this facebook group?
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=387133818853

shinsplints

'Tis awesome. Looking forward to dragging Rich Harris' arris around again 😉

olie
    Free Member

"There's a food station about halfway round with bananas (and flapjack I think) and energy drink but it's a good idea to take some supplies with you anyway"

And quite possibly the most attractive brunette you'll ever see!!

postierich
    Free Member

Harris is going to have another day of pain,please drag him up the extra climb @ the end 😆

turnercraig
    Free Member

"There's a food station about halfway round with bananas (and flapjack I think) and energy drink but it's a good idea to take some supplies with you anyway"

And quite possibly the most attractive brunette you'll ever see!!

Do they have just plain water too?

Was planning on taking my own energy drink and mixing it.

shinsplints

Will do Postie 😆

bullandbladder
    Free Member

"the funny thing about the dyfi enduro is that it isn't an enduro"

That's funny – I've 'endured' it for the last seven years running.

It's hard work, but fantastic course – campsite is fine, one or two decent boozers in town and Climachx trail just up the road for Saturday warm up. Cracking weekend.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Really good fun and probably one of the easier "enduro" type events in that the climbing is all pretty gentle stuff. Downhills are great. We stayed on the Sunday night which was brill as you could chill out that bit more than the night before the event

mafu26
    Free Member

would it be worth doing on a singlespeed? i could just put a stupidly easy gear on it but that defeats the object really?

so ss or slx?

also anyone know how long it it? haven't seen a distance quoted anywhere.

cheers

PJ266
    Free Member

Two of my friends are doing it SS, Nutters. The Dyfi will kill you if you aint prepared 😉 It'll be about 40 miles.

mafu26
    Free Member

do your mates wrestle bears and live in caves? or are they reasonably normal? ie uber fit or reasonably fit? 🙂

hmm might go 1×9. half way between both worlds!

PJ266
    Free Member

Theyre verging on uber fit tbh 😀 Give it a go by all means though 😛 I run 1×9 (have done for 2 years now) there was about 10,000 feet of climbing in last years one.

Its one hell of a fun event 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘dyfi enduro’ is closed to new replies.