Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Dusk Till Dawn – Whos doing it?
  • will
    Free Member

Anybody?

njee20
    Free Member

Oui. Men's pairs.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Men's pairs here too.

Race ya' njee20 😉

Aidy
    Free Member

Yep, me.

luked2
    Free Member

Men's pairs. But the person I was going to go with has broken his collarbone 🙁

I'm taking my son instead, and we'll just pootle around enjoying the scenery!

atlaz
    Free Member

Me as 1 of 4.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

me as part of a team , but i`m laid up at present with a bad back !

JoB
    Free Member

Mens Pairs too, John and i and we've just seen the weather

stumpy01

I'm doing it in a team of 3. Mud tyres will be going on this week to try & keep the rain at bay.
    I'm also considering buying a waterproof jacket & 3 pairs of Seal Skinz just to make sure.

BadlyWiredDog

Theoretically. I may be there in spirit…

bigsi
    Free Member

Yep – team of 3.

Hopefully i won't bail after 2 laps and sleep in the car for the rest of the night this time, but then it CAN'T be as wet as last year, can it ?

slowjo
    Free Member

D2D Weather

To be fair though,it is so dry here at the moment any amount of water will probably run off.

Am I doing it? No, bad back!

daim

Yep, In a team of 4 (including Atlaz) but only 3 of us at the moment. email me if anyone is interested in making up to a 4.

malchales
    Free Member

Me & a mate in the male pairs

soma_rich
    Free Member

first time in 5 or 6 years I havnt gone.
    No bike no money and no fitness would make it pretty tricky.

Hope its not too wet for you guys. Last year was un-real.

daim

Definitely don't want the same conditions as last year. It wasn't fun.

trio25
    Free Member

Yes doing it as my first race in a pair. Should be fun.

MrSparkle

^ What she said. Not so sure about the 'fun' bit yet…

terrahawk
    Free Member

I'm the other half of Mr Sparkle's 'pair'.

Ogg

No mud at Thetford currently – more sand than anything else, I'm sure it'll take more than one night of rain before you'll need mud tyres.
    Hope we don't get rained on at all though!

will
    Free Member

Ooo no solos yet…just me then 😆

What is Thetford like, terrain wise?

Edit: Look at the bloody rain now for saturday 🙁

stumpy01

Will, it's basically flat with the odd hill (slope) here and there. There's several bombholes that can be steep in & out depending on how they depend to take us through them.
    Most of the singletrack is fairly narrow and undulating. It seems quite easy on the legs to start with, but then you realise there is nowhere to coast & give your legs a chance to recover.

Some of the singletrack is quite lumpy & hard to get a rhythm going – at the final summer series race, there were quite a few hardtail riders complaining of sore lower backs.
    I rode there last Thurs evening & some of it is very sandy – proper tyre wash-out sandy.

nickc

Not doing it for the first time in a long time. Hope it doesn't rain like last year on you guys.

jimmers
    Free Member

I'm there

grazedknees
    Free Member

I am doing solo Will. Only took the place today. What training do I need to do between now and then? 😉

pate
    Free Member

I'll be there, hope the rain won't 🙄

Sam

I'll be there in support of Steve who's riding solo.

ac282

I've decided to have a go at solo this year. Last did it in 2005 and I've obviously forgotten how much it hurt…

cotic853
    Free Member

Me too, team 335, look for the Soul, there may some flapjack left !

Its either dustmasks or raincoats for Saturday night……just enjoy it

GavinB

Yup, mens pairs here, and looking forward to it.

I agree, it would a downpour of biblical proportions to beat last year – however it was amazing how long the track lasted before it became silly riding. I guess that sand can take a fair bit of water before it gets water-logged.

njee20
    Free Member

Crikey, mens pairs is well represented!

I see Steve James and Phil Coad from Torq are entered, so it's most likely a race for 2nd!

will
    Free Member

grazedknees – Member
    I am doing solo Will. Only took the place today. What training do I need to do between now and then?

Umm… Just prey for no rain, that will do 😆

Just been out for a 20 mile spin make sure the bike is ok. Probably not go out on "that" bike till race day now. Run tomorrow and thursday, and then a quick cx ride i think on friday. Then pub.

If your not fit now…you'll never be.

Stumpy – thanks for the info on the course, sounds very much like what i;m used to, that is Sherwood Pines, as long as there is no grass (like SITS) i'll be happy! Just need to finalise the lighting situation out!

Muddy@rseTony
    Free Member

Going solo (and trying to blank last year out). It's a classic if dry 😯

njee20
    Free Member

It's not dissimilar to Sherwood frankly, more tiring, the 'whoops' in the singletrack will generally screw your back up if you sit down and your quads if you stand up. Enjoy!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Dusk Till Dawn – Whos doing it?’ is closed to new replies.