Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • dry bag for mobile phones
  • peachos
    Free Member

i've just received a new android phone (like iPhone) that i'll want to use with various applications (e.g. emergency compass, mapping etc) whilst out biking/walking etc. obviously it's going to need some protection so can anyone recommend a good waterproof case/dry bag that will still allow full functionality of the device?

gab344
    Free Member
    Lummox

i use an aquapac with my i phone, allows touchscreen to be used whilst still waterproof to avoid muddy fingers on the screen.

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/mini-waterproof-phone-case-br-104-1119-0.html

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Another vote for aquapac here. I have three or four of them for various phones, GPS, cameras etc. Last for ages and well made, I'll quite happily go for a swim on holiday with a camera in one – totally waterproof.

tazzymtb

I use a plastic zip loc buttie bag, costs pence works a treat 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

My Camelback has a waterproof (as far as I can tell) phone pocket.

dmiller
    Free Member

My Camelback has a waterproof (as far as I can tell) phone pocket.

Strange, my camel back has a phone pocket that is 100% not waterproof 🙂

Aquapack gets a plus one from me – I used one for two years before it fell apart. Now my phone goes into a alpkit dry bag. I miss my Aquapack tho.

peachos
    Free Member

cheers people – those aquapac's look ideal – what are they like with capacitive touch screens?

Lummox

My PAC seems to work ok with the iPhone, allows me to unlock and open things no worries. Only needed to use it a couple of times so can't say it'll work with everything.

Used a sandwhich bag which worked fine, but check the guarantee that aquapac offer, better safe and gauranteed than sorry IMO

peachos
    Free Member

cheers lummox.

yeah i used butty bags with my old phone but with this new one i'm likely to be getting it out more to use the applications so something more robust and designed specifically for the job i want it to do is required.

DT78
    Free Member

aquapac +1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘dry bag for mobile phones’ is closed to new replies.