Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Drumlanrig today – wow! (Plus 29er Ti niche content too)
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

The last time I went to Drumlanrig was when it was cold and wet and I was doing so much walking I bailed half way. I went back today though after a week of dry and sunny weather and all I can say is wow!

I had a chat with Rik in his shed and he said I should just do the red and then see how I feel back at the car as I may then want to have a go at the black. But he was saying the red was far more technical than trail centres, so that was my plan. But then Craig1975 turned up and he was like "yeah, come on the black so i did."

There were maybe 2 very short bits I had to get off for, but wow, what a super fast and super dry track! After Howgills on Thursday I really felt I didn't have much in my legs, but the trails were just rocking for those with the energy. Also, I always thought that the whole of the track was rooty, but the red, especially towards the second half has lots and lots and lots of super fast woody twisty descents that are brilliant.

Not many photos at all as we were having too much fun.

IMG_0010 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0014 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0018 by simon ralli, on Flickr

September 4th by simon ralli, on Flickr

Here is a photo for all your 29er fans. A one off custom build Lynksey with a twisted Ti frame.

IMG_0021 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0020 by simon ralli, on Flickr

This was ridden by a lad we met who was 6'6''!

If anyone hasn't ridden Drumlanrig in the dry they really should – an awesome day's ride and hardly anyone else out on the trails! And thanks to Craig who helped me clean some sections which I probably would have walked down had I been on my own.

The only minor complaint was that the cafe had no carrot cake 🙁

WTF
    Free Member

For me it is more fun after it has been wet tbh.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Looks good im heading down myself tomorrow,but i do find the shortage of carrot cake alarming!!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

WTF – well basically I barely have enough skillz to get me round in the dry but yeah, I can imagine it being just as good in the wet if that is your bag.

Yeah – Alcopop – their chocolate cake does make up for it a bit – very very good : )

kevin1911

Looks excellent. Still never been despite living not too far away in falkirk… off to ask Google if its nearer than glen stress.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Kevin – distance wise it's further, but the reality is it doesn't take much longer to get too, since most of it is on motorway. 1hr10 – 1hr20 (ish) from Falkirk.

Trekster

zigzag69 – Member
    Kevin – distance wise it's further, but the reality is it doesn't take much longer to get too, since most of it is on motorway. 1hr10 – 1hr20 (ish) from Falkirk.

& the Dalveen Pass road is FUN 😈

If no cake in cafe head into Thornhill to Thomas Tosh, most biker friendly twee cafe I have been in. forge and I were wet n manky and the guys just asked us in whilst there was am exhibition on the go 😆
    Find it on the left junction at the memorial in centre of town.

craig1975
    Free Member

glad i bumped into you in the car park Simon.. was a quality day.. Ive put together a wee short video if you doing the bomb hole.. pity we didn't do more footage.. but… we where having to much fun bombing through the roots 😀 the trails where riding super fast today… Ive yet to tackle the place in the wet.. but its on my to do list for this winter.. hope it want finish me off.. lol

yes the carrot cake situation is a shocking state of affairs 😥

that TI frame was sweet…

Drumlanrig

[/quote] & the Dalveen Pass road is FUN

I agree 100%.. much fun.. my ST loves that road 🙄

Looking forward to the STW ride out at Mabie

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh – cheers for the video Craig – nice one 😀

Maybe at Mabie we will get a bit more video footage!

fishboy
    Free Member

Just back from a pleasant afternoon there, great conditions. Not convinced by the new rollers and table top etc., seem a bit out of place both in general and in location!

Cafe shut when we got back about 1530! Weird! farm shop on way back south of thornhill open though 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Fishboy

I really wouldn't want to critique that part as i am not a jumper. I know what you mean though as you don't expect it but then I always like a little variety. Did you bump into alcopop then?

fishboy
    Free Member

Just bumped into Mother Earth briefly, no alcopops..

Bumps are just a little odd, not a criticism as its a great trail!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah. I think that given that my legs were like jelly towards the end, there seemed to be one heck of a lot of climbing on that very final black climb, for a wee little descent to the car park! Just as you think you are about to descent there's another bit of climb!

scaredypants

wtf – lynSKey ??

I'd have bet both bollox on it being lynksey (or are there 2 companies ? 😯 )

must work harder on my niche-fu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig today – wow! (Plus 29er Ti niche content too)’ is closed to new replies.