Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Drumlanrig – diversion to let new surface settle
  • banginon

Please follow the short diversion to allow the new trail tread to settle.

Any of you who ride regularly at Drum will now that one of the trails had trurned into a bit of a mudbath.

On Wednesday and Thursday a the ranger service, a few hardy volunteers and myself barrowed in 60 tonnes of crushed stone from a pit further up the hill.

Now all that stone looks lovely and rideable, but it’s not. Underneath it’s still soft clay and it needs at least a couple of weeks of not being ridden to settle and go hard.

Now then. If you can imagine how hard we worked to barrow 60 tonnes of stone, then you might also be able to imagine how annoyed we’d be if all that hard work was wasted by some ignorant person putting a groove down the new tread so please follow the diversion if you’re going to ride at Drumlanrig.

Pow’r tae yer pedals

Rik

mrplow
    Free Member

Enjoy your weekend, you must be broken!

banginon

Feelin great actually, a bit sore around the ribs from raking and bashing in the bigger rocks, but no need to go to the gym for a core workout that’s for sure 😆 just don’t make me cough or laugh, it hurts…

Stu_N

Good one Rik.

Couldn’t do a midweek fixing session (I have one day of annual leave left ’til 2012) but if you do a weekend one shout on the Big Book of Faces and we’ll be there if we possibly can.

Must get down to ride Drumlanrig before the end of the year, a gaping omission in this year’s riding calendar. For one reason or another we’ve hardly done any “away” rides, and it’s a while since your roots have tried to whip my front wheel from under me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig – diversion to let new surface settle’ is closed to new replies.