Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Drumlanrig Castle
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Heading here on my way home from scotland tomorrow. What are peoples opinions of the trail centre here?

Cheers

MussEd
    Free Member

Excellent.

iainc

wet and windy tomorrow so expect slippery roots. great place though – would recommend you go round the red and if you have the energy/time then repeat but with the black options. a typical time for the 2 laps is perhaps 3 hrs.

tomd
    Free Member

I really like it but it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. Very rooty, feels like more up than down but an absolute blast in bits. If it’s wet double the fun. You also have to pay as it’s a private estate not FC. They have put a lot of work into the trails and provide top notch toilet / shower facilities and the trails are excellent so I can stomach the cost.

moonsaballoon

Great fun . I like to do the red with the first black section . The flowy section at the end going down to the river is one of my favourite pieces of trail anywhere

Northwind

Aye, you’ve got to be root-tolerant. But if you are, then it’s fantastic.

888trojan888
    Free Member

Dont mind roots at all espically in the wet and will be taking the IO ID to spice it up a little. How much is the car park? 🙂

iainc

have a look on there website – it’s per head, around £4 I think

iainc

Gardens and Parkland Only
    Adult £ 6.00

888trojan888
    Free Member

Cheers iainc 😀

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Did it first time 2 weeks ago – black run was awesome but it was dry.

Sam

Probably my favourite of any ‘trail centre’ really lovely spot with great trails and facilities.

banginon

Cheers folks.

pottsathome
    Free Member

Awesome place. The black is amazing and the whole trail makes me happy

robhughes
    Free Member

Superb as i,m off up to bonnie scotland for a week.A good one for on the way home. 🙂

banginon

Ahah – 888trojan888 – it now makes sense!!

I hijacked your ride and talked at you the whole way round.

Great ride bud – get yerself back up here soon…

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

If I remember correctly, you don’t have to pay for parking if the Farmer’s market is on. That appears to be on the last Sunday of the month. The next one is Sunday, 27th May 2012.

maccruiskeen

I think its the prettiest trail centre.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

……..single speed heaven although in the wet more like hell, enjoy! 😀

althepal

It’s a nice place. The cafe is basic but gOod of its open..

DaddyFool
    Free Member

One of my favourites. I’ve only been round in the dry though and it was a blast. Rooty/rocky as hell and the Black trails make it a proper challenge. The setting is gorgeous and the cafe grub was spot-on. Love it.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

The tearoom inside the castle is excellent. They let us use that for no extra castle admission charge (I think the other cafe was closed). Worth considering – the food in there was ace!

allthepies
    Free Member

Will be there next week 🙂

strackbaz
    Free Member

The tearoom inside the castle is excellent. They let us use that for no extra castle admission charge (I think the other cafe was closed). Worth considering – the food in there was ace!

+1 😀

I was chatting with Rik a while back and he said they’re doing away with the Farmers Market, as it was costing them a whack to host it. He also wasn’t keen on folk utilising the free parking on that day. When this happens I’m not too sure.

If your planning on attending 3 or more days throughout the year, they offer an annual parking pass for around £15.

As mentioned above, facilities are excellent. Rik will serve up a nice coffee if the cafe is shut. Remember to take enough change with you into the shower. I only had a 20p (which I thought got you 5mins)….it’s 20p per minute. 🙄

GDRS

We popped up for SSUK a few years back – wet rooty singlespeed fruity.

Northwind

There’s a donation box in the shop, for when the parking lady isn’t there. OK so you don’t have to pay, but maybe you should.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Drumlanrig is fantastic and I really like what they have now done with updating some of the sections in the second half of the red. Really good work done there.

legend
    Free Member

If your planning on attending 3 or more days throughout the year, they offer an annual parking pass for around £15.

worth pointing out that, unless they’ve changed it for this year, you pay per person at Drumlanrig. £6 for a day pass iirc (unless you have the £15 annual pass). Worth it though

plumber
    Free Member

My favourite uk trail by a long way

daveb
    Free Member

Its a great trail and well worth a visit.

888trojan888
    Free Member

Yep that was me…….you were only talk at me because i was blowing out of my backside trying to keep up with you ha ha. Good ride though cheers for the banter. I will stop by next time im working in scotland 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig Castle’ is closed to new replies.