Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Drumlanrig
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

What’s it like at the moment? Expecting lots of rooty fun but is it muddy? Not been for ages and looking forward to it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nobody?

Diane
    Free Member

It will be muddy Steven with lots of puddles but FABBY i’m jealous!

iainc

quite wet in last few days so it’ll be slippery. Drains well so mud never a bit issue

Rik will be along soon to say it is riding like an angel on a cloud of candy floss……he’s probs right though ! 😆

Kit
    Free Member

Get it ridden Steven! It’s always great 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Drumlanrig is best when wet, seriously. one of the few places that just doesn’t ‘work’ in the dry imho. It’s part of it’s allure.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Was pretty wet and even a little muddy in places. Great fun. Due to being ill all week I was completely bolloxed after going back round again to do the black bits. Probably been there four or five times and still not ridden it in the dry. Could try going in the summer of course.

And if you have been ill all week it might not be a good idea to take the single speed out for a rare outing.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I love Drumlanrig.

Did you ride the red first and then go back to do the black? I normally ride the first bit of the red, then the black, and then get back on the red to finish it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We did the red first and then back round for the black. As recommended by Rik. Think that means you ride a bit more singletrack on the bail out. And you get to do the first bit and last bit twice.

Kit
    Free Member

Ha! Simon you didn’t used to enjoy Drumlanrig, I’m sure! Glad you’ve changed your mind 🙂

Bertros
    Free Member

I went along this Saturday, I really enjoyed it.. at first i thought OMG this is going to be a slip fest.. but you quickly learn how to mash over the roots and work at keeping up the momentum and flow It takes a lot of concentration and improves your bike control.

There are a few small sections closed, but as this was my first loop i did not notice, apart from the diversion signs, of course. I think its a very good use of the terrain. a real test in the wet… Nice challenge and a great change from the UP hill for 40 mins and down for 30 mins.. A Great Old school XC run.. Leave the FS at home if you ask me, I wish i had! Light Hard tail / SS would be a blast !

simonralli2
    Free Member

Kit – true – I went two or three of years ago and it was so difficult for me I ended up bailing back to the car.

However, I went last summer when it was super dry, and it was a revelation. I then went back this November I think with some better skillz * cough * and had a whale of a time. I now love it this is true! I can now say that I really * get * Drumlanrig and with Craig1975 as my witness I can ride (or attempt to ride) maybe 95% of it. I’m not saying I can ride that but I now have the confidence to at least have a go, but there are two or three bits that see me getting off and walking.

Trekster

Hows life in sunny Brazil Simon? Gonna make it home in March?
    Might head up to Drum on Thurs.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hiya!

Yep – back on 8th March for a few weeks. I was going to post up about potential rides nearer the time. I fancy Kirroughtree maybe on 12th as a mini STW group ride.

I am down the gym most days so you may not recognise me 🙂

Brazil is fine but very hot! 35 degrees in the day right now.

Trekster

working 12th 🙁
    Off on 9th & 10th but you will be busy with family etc I am sure.

I am down the gym most days

Trying to keep up/attain the beach body 😉

35 is hot, suffered that when we were in Croatia a couple of yrs ago 😉

Usual 4ish here + wet & windy with a touch of snow on high ground ❗

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well 10th is looking good so far so will be in touch. Or I may be so cold I’ll just stay in bed 😯

There’s no beach in Minas Gerais!

Diane
    Free Member

Best ridden when soaked imo. I usually do the red first (Skills reminder) then do the black 🙂

Trekster

I uaually end up getting lost and doing the same bits 2or3 times 🙄
    Should really go with someone who knows their way around 💡

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

John, I’m shocked! YOU getting lost so near to Dumfries! Dear oh dear….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig’ is closed to new replies.