Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Drop Box v. Box.net
  • yoshimi

I use MobileMe now to store files & photo/video gallery – but the service finishes in the next month or so.

I’ve tried the free version of box.net and is quite good with 5gb space….

But there is a limit on file uploads which means I can’t upload videos etc and there isn’t really a gallery feature

Any free Drop Box users want to explain how that compares?

Also, if it sounds good, how do I get a referal for extra space?

Thanks

(heading out for a couple of hours now, so wont be able to replt strainght away)

disco_stu
    Free Member

I quite like Dropbox as I can access it to sync across 3 pc’s and my phone ( android ) with file syncing coming as standard with the free version
    Theres a limit of 300mb for files uploaded via the web site and no limit on uploads via the desktop app, the folder just appears as a normal Windows folder so you can view images etc as a gallery via Windows explorer.
    If you get referred you can get extra space and each time you refer someone who uses dropbox you’ll also get more space available

Click on the following link and you’ll get more storage space and I’ll also get some 😀
    http://db.tt/a3Yf1dpH

jam-bo

google drive?

Cletus

Box is better for collaboration and Dropbox for sharing important.

I use box to store work stuff as it is easy to share stuff with clients and colleagues.

I used Dropbox and it was good but I hated having to put stuff in the Dropbox folder on my PC – very limiting but it may have changed since I tried it.

PM me if you want me to set up a focus 50gb box account (nothing in it for me)

Cletus

Box integrates well with iPad GoodReader too (as does Dropbox)

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Using Dropbox and GDrive here and both working well. Don’t quite ‘get’ the issue with putting everything in your Dropbox or Drive folder – just put that at a high level and have your directory structure work from there.

It’s easy enough to create a shortcut to get to whatever level you’re using most frequently.

Mounty_73

I use dropbox to share data between laptop & PC between two locations.

I also use MS Skydrive, 25GB free to store a copy of my pictures.

somouk
    Free Member

I sue Dropbox across a load of devices and it just works. OS integration is excellent and I’ve never had any downtime on it in years now.

Set yourself up some fake email addresses and send them invites to get you more space 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

got dropbox syncing between android phone, linux server and windows laptop.

works perfectly!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Use Dropbox between 5 shops and office and several pc’s and phones, no problems

Drac

I have box as when iCloud kicked off they got wise and gave away 50gb for free for limited period. I rarely use it but I know it there and it is pretty good.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i use box.net to distribute images, they are usually 60-500mb tiffs so take a while to upload but i never have any problems and just generate a link and set a password to the folder, clients like it because it’s easy to use. i like it because i get an email when somebody has downloaded a file. this way i can tell if they were lying or not when they say “it’s really urgent” only for it to be days before they dowwnload it 🙄
    image previews don’t render because the tiffs are so big but if i wanted that i would upload jpegs

footflaps

I, and most of my colleagues, use Dropbox for syncing machines, backups, and sharing projects between ourselves and with customers – it works brilliantly, can’t rate it highly enough.

fubar
    Free Member

I also use MS Skydrive, 25GB free to store a copy of my pictures.

ALERT ! New accounts now only 7GB. If you haven’t been using much capacity they may have downgraded you back to 7GB…check now as they , for a limited time, allow you to free ‘upgrade’ back to 25GB

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Drop Box v. Box.net’ is closed to new replies.