Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Drinking/eating recommendations in Betws?
  • timothecimmerian

We’re off to Betws-y-coed for a long weekend shortly and I was wondering what were the best places to eat and drink in the locality? On the flipside, are there any places we must avoid at all costs (dodgy curry houses spring to mind!)

Cheers!

MadPierre

The Royal Oak is the obvious place. Has a cheap bog standard pub grub side and also a posher restaurant the other. Plenty of other places too…

grumm
    Free Member

This place is bloody fantastic imo – http://www.bistrobetws-y-coed.com/ – one of the best meals I’ve had in ages

And not silly expensive either I seem to remember.

timothecimmerian

Thanks both. I forget the place we ate at when we were passing through having done Penmachno on the way to Marin last year, but it was pretty good. We’re basing ourselves here for 3 nights, so will be trying out a few places I guess.

rocmagnet
    Free Member

The bistro in Betws is as good a restaurant as I have eaten in. Highly recommended in the evening.

bentos
    Free Member

I also can recommend the Welsh Bistro. Quality food at reasonable prices and when I was there last year there were two very reasonable waitresses!

timothecimmerian

Cheers. Looks like the Welsh Bistro will definitely be getting a visit then. Is there anywhere recommended for after dinner drinks with a bit of life (not a pole dancing club……!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Drinking/eating recommendations in Betws?’ is closed to new replies.