Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Drayton manor accomodation?
  • steviegil
    Free Member

We are heading down to Thomasland early July to keep the kids happy, never visited it before but not really looking forward to it 😆

Can anyone recommend me somewhere to stay for a couple of nights thats quite close to the park and has family rooms..

Cheers folks 🙂

the-muffin-man

Drayton Manor is a great place for young kids (under 7), as there’s more rides for them than the likes of Alton Towers. Thomas Land isn’t that big though and there’s only 4/5 rides that will provide a thrill for adults. Plus side – its compact and you don’t have to traipse around too much.

Can’t recommend any accommodation though as its close enough to use for us to do in a day. There should be loads of Travel Lodge type accommodation in that area though. Stay north of Birmingham though, you could even go as far as Burton and still be within 30 mins drive.

steviegil
    Free Member

Thanks Muffin, the kids are ages 3+4 so they will have a ball! Im just having a look at premier inns the now, but im hoping someone can recommend me one rather than just booking blind.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The Belfry is just up the road but I would imagine they are not cheap. There are a few b&b’s in Fazeley less than a mile away and not too bad so I have heard. Further along in Tamworth town there is a Holiday Inn next to the snow-dome and a Premier Inn next to the retail park.

My daughter is 10 and loves Drayton (personally I think it’s a bit of a dump).

Unless you have something else in mind, I doubt you’ll find reason to spend more than one day in the Park itself.

Thomas Land is a bit lame to be fair, but I’m sure your kids will love it.

Alton Towers it isn’t.

bassman
    Free Member

There is a travel lodge at junction 10 M42.
    I would look at Lea Marston Hotel as it has a pool and gym family room driving range, not far from kingsbury water park.plenty of nice local pubs for eating out in the area.
    about 6 miles from Drayton manor park.
    Drayton Manor are building a hotel not sure if it will be completed by then.Canal junction at Fazeley may be able to rent boat for a few days there is one advertised by the entrance to Drayton Manor.
    Google may help something like cathy’s boat hire.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    st

As touched on above but not immediately clear Tamworth is the nearest town, about 10 minutes drive from the Park.

steviegil
    Free Member

Only spending 1 day in the park(more than enough for me!), but we require 2 nights acommodation as we will be traveling all of the first day to get there. We will then head further south to relatives for a few days.
    I will check out some of your recommendations, cheers:)

bassman
    Free Member

Tamworth is where there is a Holiday inn express next to the snowdome so you can go in there at night a let the kids come down the slope to tire them out.opposite is the 10 pin bowling alley kids can use the special lanes to bowl down, all within walking distance.
    nothing else to do in Tamworth

andy7t2
    Free Member

our friends run this place

friendly and about 3 miles from drayton

patriot_matt
    Free Member

When we visited last summer they were building a big hotel near the entrance next to the camping area, think this was due to open this summer:

http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/park-guide.php?sub=drayton-manor-hotel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Drayton manor accomodation?’ is closed to new replies.