Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Drafting a complete stranger?
  • allthepies
    Free Member

>Why not tell them to go away and procreate then? Or slow down?

Because the last two times it's happened I've not known they've been there until I looked over my shoulder when approaching a junction.

BigJohn

I might be showing my age here but when I was a roadie, at the end of our turn at the front we used to move right then freewheel our way to the back of the echelon.

That always seemed to cater for unwilling passengers.

aP
    Free Member

BigJohn – try doing that with the new breed of roadraging B2W cyclists they'll just follow you blindly backwards andn forwards across the road. I find the best way is to just slow up until they've had enough then jump on their wheel 🙂

ianv
    Free Member

To be fair, the level of risk from getting hit by a drafting cyclist is a bit less that all the other risks posed by riding on the roads.

aP
    Free Member

I disagree, there's a lot of very inexperienced cyclists out there, a lot of whom have B2W'd and think they're LancebloodyArmstrong.

Mister-P
    Free Member

A lot of them on here too by the sounds of it aP.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ian – but its an avoidable risk

Junkyard
    Free Member

If they chat[at some point] I will let anyone draft me even if they dont do their turn at the front. I do try to drop them on every hill though
    Dont like it in built up /busy areas/commute as no real gain as I am not going that fast under these circumstances

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Drafting a complete stranger?’ is closed to new replies.