Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Downton Abbey – brilliant
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Just watched the first two episodes. Can’t remember when I last saw something so brilliantly put together. The casting is superb, acting excellent, dialogue absorbing and the sets, locations and filming absolutely spot on.

Just wanted to share. Just shows how good UK TV can be at it’s best. And ITV are not nearly as well known as the BBC for period drama so well done them for taking the risk on a huge budget project

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im not normally a fan of costume type dramas, but it is quite good. Much rather watch that than “strictly x rated on ice factor” thats on all the bloody time!

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry, “Strictly x rated on ice factor”? Which channel? Sounds fab!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Aye, it is very enjoyable.

kelvin

It’s a good soap. I like it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nips like chapel hat pegs too!

ross980
    Free Member

If you like Downton Abbey you should watch Gosford Park, it’s written by the same Fellowes (sorry… 🙄 ) – really good film (IMHO).

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nips like chapel hat pegs too!

Always good to see the STW commentary maintaining it’s normal dizzy heights 🙂

If you like Downton Abbey you should watch Gosford Park,

Somehow didn’t get on with Gosford Park. Perhaps I should try again. Or have another go at Brideshead Revised which was just the best thing ever at the time

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I tried watching it last week; I fell asleep. It didn’t encourage me to tune in this week.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, it’s not just a bunch of supporting thesps all clustered around Maggie Smith doing yet another “starchy old Victorian snob” routine, in a low-budget drama about the upper classes, then?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nope. She is an important character but plently of other key characters. It’s about the servants as well as the aristos. Very high budget and I find very compelling

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Downton Abbey – brilliant’ is closed to new replies.