Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Double and bash on an Orange 5
  • ivantate
    Free Member

I am planned on fitting an SLX d&b to an Orange 5. It seems there are problems with fitting a 36tooth ring in the middle position, the chain catches the swingarm. Orange recommend a 34t max.

Not everyone seems to suffer this, is there a way around it by shimming the crank out a bit or filing a corner off the swingarm or keeping the front mech perfectly adjusted?

What are the chances of it working.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What BB size is it? How many spacers on the BB?
    Move a spacer from the LHS to the RHS.

Some Hecklers are prone to this as well. I wonder if it's a shortcoming of the single pivot design?

jonk

Space it out, the 50mm chainline is only important if you have a platform shock like a swinger.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Whats the relationship about chainline and shock type?!

carbon337
    Free Member

I'm confused reading this – whats chainline and 50mm all about?

ivantate
    Free Member

Not sure why the chainline would affect the shock as the ring will still be the same size. Its got the latest boost valve Fox so should be the best at everything if you believe the hype.

The gist of this is that with a bit of fiddling it should work reasonably well.

loco_pollo
    Free Member

I run a saint double and bash (36/22) with no issues. Although mine is a 2008 model, maybe they changed something for the 09/10 models?

rickmeister

RaceFace d&b on my lasses Five, went on no problem. 22/36 and e-thirteen. No fiddling reqrd or problems in any way….

Your BB spacers on the wrong side perhaps?

ivantate
    Free Member

Just fitted it, actually left the original Raceface BB in, with 1 spacer on the RH side.

Chain seems to be miles away from the swingarm at the moment.

no probs.

oxnop
    Free Member

I had a 36t on my 2009 five AM- no probs at all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Double and bash on an Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.