Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Domed Washers for Syncros micro adjust seatpost-where from???
  • zaskar
    Free Member

I have an old 6001 T6 from 2001 seatpost but lost the dome washer than fits between the bolt and seatclamp.

After talking to Syncros and their distributor in the U.K. who told me sorry we can only sell you a new seatpost!

I've checked DIY stores but will check machining places next.

Any tips on finding some would be great!

Replacing my short carbon post with an old mtb one.

:mrgreen:

Swalsey
    Free Member

I my be wrong but I suspect he domed washers that come with a thomson post will do the trick; its the same design really. Try this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14349

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

how about the washers that come with vee brake pads?

zaskar
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips.

I tried the V-brake washers for size and they are too big and look naff and use some of the threadfor seat leveling, first thing I tried really.

I had a look the thompson spares on CRC, I didn't think the washer was domed? it looks flat. I guess I'll pop into the local engineering place in a few weeks time.

I'll never buy a syncros part again!

Here is the Thompson with flat washers (syncros holes are not as flat but it could work)

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I've got an old Synchros post (complete) that will probably never get used again, available for spares if needed.

E-mail in profile.

zaskar
    Free Member

Thanks for offer!

I'm relegating the post for repairs when working on carbon posted bikes.

£5 worth of nut and bolts quoyed from Syncros who agreed with me to pick up a road carbon seatpost reduced from £70 to £17.

Oh well.

Thanks for all the help.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Just had a good look and realised that I've probably dropped a washer at some point, becuase the old "spare" post I've got actually only has one domed washer.

Still yours if you want it.

zaskar
    Free Member

Lol, everyone I know has only one washer.

I've bought a new carbon post and using the Syncros to replace the carbon posts of my bikes when clamped in a stand.

Appreciate the offer missingfrontallobe but I doubt I'll ever use the post again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Domed Washers for Syncros micro adjust seatpost-where from???’ is closed to new replies.