Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Doing an Ullrich
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Just popped out for a quick training ride. Down the road from our place (1600m) to the main road (1100m). Couple of wee bits of snow-free singletrack on the way. Turn around to pedal back up, cable outer splits on the rear mech cable. No tools or anything on me, stuck in smallest sprocket. My back is now fecked from pushing a daft gear all the way back up!

crikey
    Free Member

Oh, I thought this would be about taking speed in a nightclub and eating lots of cake, my mistake…

stevomcd
    Free Member

Some speed would have gone down well round each hairpin and I’ve been eating waaaaaayyyy too much cake lately… 😳

crikey
    Free Member

You could have tried pulling the cable through and tying it off to something, although without tools this would be well difficult.

sockpuppet

you could have used the limit screw to get maybe a couple of gears lower, perhaps

yes, i know, i’m ideal to have around some time after the good idea is needed – it’s a service i offer for free, too.

[edit – read the post before reply 😳 : having no tools would make this harder]

coogan
    Free Member

Better be fit for a couple of months time Stevo!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Better be fit for a couple of months time Stevo!

That’s the idea! 😛

coogan
    Free Member

We’ll be complaining if your not able to keep up 😀

DavidB
    Free Member

Tsk..no cable ties in jersey pocket?

MrOvershoot

No sticks or stones around? I’ve used a stone wedged into the centre of the rear mech parallelogram to keep it mid cassette to get me home.

Doug
    Free Member

Rapid Rise would have been nice. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Doing an Ullrich’ is closed to new replies.