Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Doh! Bad choice you little ****.
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Sarah Statham, prosecuting, said Harrison did not know his victim was a detective inspector and behaved as he did because his victim was a cyclist.

Ahh so thats OK then…

blades2000
    Free Member

Justice 🙂

jackthedog
    Free Member

Pretty far from justice.

Coyote
    Free Member

Pathetic. A custodial sentence would have shown this numpty that what he did was unacceptable and sent out a message to others. Instead he is free to have a goot laugh about it down the pub.

enfht
    Free Member

Call me sceptical but I doubt the old bill would have pursued it this far had not involved one of their own, using the "it's your word against theirs" old chesnut.

blades2000
    Free Member

Well i honestly feel he should never be allowed to drive again however given the way that the so called justice system is in the UK that will never happen so we have accept that this is a fair punishment.

Do we actually believe stopping him from driving will actually stop him from driving?

mtbfix

+1 to what enfht said

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The prosecutor said the defendant was arrested at his parents’ home.

He asked officers: “Can I not just apologise?”

What a twunt 😕

bigyinn
    Free Member

Didn't Hitler use that line once?
    IGMC

aracer
    Free Member

Given this appears to be "throwing the book at him" largely because of his victim's status, it doesn't say much for the general seriousness with which such offences are treated.

Call me sceptical but I doubt the old bill would have pursued it this far had not involved one of their own, using the "it's your word against theirs" old chesnut.

I'm sure they wouldn't, because like it or not a police officer's word does carry more weight in court than somebody else. They can prove cases on the basis of the word of police officer against word of scrote, but not on the basis of word of ordinary member of the public against word of scrote.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Shame its not the 70's they would of taken the twunt to the nick and thrashed him with wet tea towels, before sending him to the mercy of the courts, who would of sent him down and put him in a cell to be buggered sensless.

cookeaa

Melvin and shouted: “Get off the road. I will run you off the road. I will kill you. Get off the road.”

Of course he did… I take it this expletive free altercation took place in 1908…. Right?

Gob-shite yoof, harasses, threatens and runs cyclist off road and doesn’t get a Jail term, no great shock, but doing it to a Rozzer, a DI as well, and still not getting a spell inside, That actually surprises me a bit…

satsoma
    Free Member

Shame its not the 70's they would of taken the twunt to the nick and thrashed him with wet tea towels, before sending him to the mercy of the courts, who would of sent him down and put him in a cell to be buggered sensless.

I love it, cases like this need the attention of Gene Hunt 🙂

dickydutch

flippinheckler – a shame they didnt do that now!

thomthumb
    Free Member

enfht – Member

my thoughts exactly.

kimbers

i think the punishment was pretty proportionate sending the little scrote down will only make him more likely to commit crimes after hes done his time (FACT)*
    I am certain that that if it was me cycling along the police wouldnt even have followed up let alone prosectuted, assuming there were no other witnesses

* i dunno if its a fact really

Woody
    Free Member

Nine times he almost mowed down DI Melvin, aiming for him on the pavement, striking his handle-bars, forcing him off his bike into trees, threatening to kill him and hurling stones and coins at him.

I'm trying to work out if he got out of the car to do that or if he just happened to have a handy supply of stones in the passenger seat !
    Why did he allow himself to be attacked 9 times? I think if I had been knocked off my bike into trees I would have stayed there in relative safety while looking for something large to…… errr…. 'protect myself' with when/if he came back. I certainly would not have attempted to cycle and be an easy target on an open road.

lyons
    Free Member

woody has a very valid point… Still, he should have at least got a good kick in.

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

Enfht,

It's not the police's choice to pursue a prosecution, it's the CPS. To be frank, it's rare they bother with prosecutions against police officers as they should"accept that they are likely to come into conflict as part of their job" Which in fairness, I agree with. You want to be safe, be an accountant, you want to see life raw, be a police officer. Just don't moan when people take a disliking to you.
    I think in this case, it was pursued as the little turd had no idea it was a police officer. If he had, he wouldn't have done it which makes it all the worse.

zbonty

If i had made that complaint to the rozzers they probably would'nt have arrested or interviewed him.

Should have been given a stretch for that sort of behaviour. Hardly likely to be the first time and behaviour indicative of a complete knob-head.

dmiller
    Free Member

enfht – Member

I have reported pretty much the same to Strathclyde Police with video evidence. Nothing ever happened.

westkipper
    Free Member

I've had WORSE than this happen to me a few years ago, and at one point thought the police were going to charge me with wasting their time for reporting it.
    Having said that, I'm delighted that this case got to court, but it is still, considering the victim, an amazingly light sentence for attempted murder.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nine times he almost mowed down DI Melvin, aiming for him on the pavement

What was the policeman doing cycling on the pavement?

😆

But jokes aside I think it's a pretty disproportionate punishment for attempted murder, and echo the above about the fact that the police would not have gone near it had it not been one of their own.

westkipper
    Free Member

Hey, I'm not complaining that the victim got better justice than a general punter,
    Maybe the bizzies should start covert operations posing as innocent roadies, I'm 100% certain that their hands (and cameras) would be full.

edhornby

I bet that this guy is a complete headcase and known to the police, and that this is the first thing they have pinned on him, so they are waiting for him to step out of line again (which he probably will) so then the CPS list everything in order for him to do a big stretch

mansonsoul
    Free Member

The funny thing is, this is normal. I bet every one of us here who rides on the roads has a dozen or more tales of random abuse for no reason other than the fact that we are cyclists. I cannot wait for the oil to run out so these bastards have to walk their fat arses through the apocalypse.

Woody
    Free Member

Having said that, I'm delighted that this case got to court, but it is still, considering the victim, an amazingly light sentence for attempted murder.

I amazed that the little git admitted it. It's drummed in at an early age in 'scroatsville' that you say nothing and put onus of proof on the prosecution. Very difficult in this case as there do not seem to have been any independent witnesses. I wonder what 'evidence' was put in front of him at the second interview which persuaded him to change his mind 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Doh! Bad choice you little ****.’ is closed to new replies.