Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does snow make people friendlier? Discuss.
  • andybach
    Free Member

So all weekend and today – everyone i have met in Edinburgh has been really friendly, drivers have been more considerate and neighbours smilier.

I was strugglign to get out of my parking spot this morning – 2 decorators working on the office next door, wandered over and pushed me out on to the road.

So why cant we all be this friendly and co-operative for the rest of the year?

donsimon
    Free Member

Ah fugg off you smug baaaaaaaa……………! 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I noticed that yesterday too. Everyone was friendly apart from one guy on the train who was moaning that he kept rubbing his leg against my bike.

hels
    Free Member

Some people.

Caught my next door neighbour shifting the snow out of his garden yesterday by dumping it across the fence into my garden ! Then lied to my face when I went out and asked him not to. Cheeky.

TheBrick
    Free Member

[poppsychology]
    Situations that are nit “normal” make people more friendly.

People are more confident in familiar situations, put them in an unfamiliar situation and confidence levels drop. By appearing friendly they are less likely to incite aggression and more like to form bond which can act as protection.
    [/poppsychology]

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I think any sort of “crisis” brings the best out of most people.

Of course some are just miserable rude muppets whatever the conditions. Some of the driving I’ve seen on ice (aggressive, impatient, etc) beggars belief.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

“crisis”

Someone lives in the south 😉

Dunno, I’ve only been out to ride my bike and there are no customers in the shop.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I love the snow but it does mean making adjustments.

Just did a village mission to the train station in the Landy – a few people can’t get there as it’s all iced up. Aren’t I kind?

bigjim

Yes most people are friendlier, except the guy in the merc yesterday morning who lost it because he couldn’t get his gash car to get onto the side road and decided to reverse at speed into morningside road causing the rest of the traffic to perform an emergency slither. Its like watching the world in slow motion at the moment, hilarious.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

More ambient light = happier brains
    Adversity = more co-operation

radoggair
    Free Member

should try telling my area boss this since we’re so far behind on budget this week. Now most of my rota’d staff cant make it in so my management team are doing 18-24 hour shifts to cover everything.

Part from that i love the snow 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Yes well I am strangling my inner antipodean to stop her form heading outside and chucking last nights snow over the fence to next doors yard. Its not easy, but see I can learn.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’ve not come across anyone in edinburgh who has been any friendlier in the snow. 😐

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does snow make people friendlier? Discuss.’ is closed to new replies.