Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Does anyone get the free Chester standard?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

On a regular basis?
    Could you keep hold of some copies for the next week or so, or more specifically look out for an article for me??? 😀 Please?
    Mail is “scarter usm @ hotmail .com”. Do I have to say that the spaces should be removed?

Thanks.

project
    Free Member

You can read it online for free, excellent little paper

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=7Pp106QqnS12&PBID=df12ef58-1026-4dbb-b727-8fdc713b0552&skip=

you can also pick it up for a doantion from the local office at watergate street, near the old stables, now a car park.

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers project, that’ll do nicely.
    I would pick up a copy myself, but I don’t get into Chester everyday.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I would pick up a copy myself, but I don’t get into Chester everyday.

Seems nobody can now they’ve fecked up the Sainsburys roundabout 😐

project
    Free Member

it comes out every thursday, and as for the Sainsburys roundabout, highly trained and skilled workers have laboured there for many months,in all weathers,rain ,wind and sun,so far no snow,they have put up with abuse from the local press, and the natives of that area,confused motorists from whitchurch,and have huge wide shoulders to take it all, i salute them.

But just perhaps somebody in the ofice who decided to plan it on the back of a coffee cup stained bit of paper, should have realised it had absolutely no chance of ever working properley,taking a roundabout away and creating a multi laned cross roads with 2 dual carrigeways feeding into it, on a restricted site, isnt going to work.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

are you going to give us a clue on the subject matter?

bank robbery or bike related news?

my copy normally gets used in the log burner

donsimon
    Free Member

We’ll all have to wait, possibly in The Evening Leader on Tuesday too.

Probably the best place, I’m not at all photogenic…

project
    Free Member

The plot thickens,,,,,

skeetsgb
    Free Member

Seems nobody can now they’ve fecked up the Sainsburys roundabout

bloody tell me about it, nightmare !!

bruneep

I go for the “In court today” section

MrOvershoot

chunkypaul – Member

bank robbery or bike related news?

Still alive then 😉

Dark-Side

But just perhaps somebody in the ofice who decided to plan it on the back of a coffee cup stained bit of paper, should have realised it had absolutely no chance of ever working properley,taking a roundabout away and creating a multi laned cross roads with 2 dual carrigeways feeding into it, on a restricted site, isnt going to work.

I will never understand what was so wrong with the old roundabout that means it was vital to cause 6 months chaos, and who knows how much money spent on a solution that will never be as efficient to drive across as the old version.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I believe the new ‘hamburger’ roundabout has been funded by the developers who are building in Huntington. Part of the deal to purchase the site to build on was to improve the roads to accommodate for the extra traffic. Surely turning the road back into 3 lanes as it was would have been sufficient, although sorry to see some trees go the ones in the middle of the island hugely restricted visibility. I live just by the roundabout and I’ve seen several bumps from confused motorists. Especially coming into Huntington were most use the right hand lane.

project
    Free Member

And then how is the road that snakes from huntington to the A41, supposed to cope with all the new houses, 2 single lanes, then a multitude of traffic lights, a major dual carrigeway both sides of it, a supermarket, a halfords ,a pet shop, along with a church,a diy shop, park and ride site,a petrol station, and finally lots of houses, all within a few hundred yards of what used to be a roundabout, now a multi traffic light controled junction,along with numerous crossing points for pepole who cant drive or are to affraid to drive on what is now classed as a dangerous place.

donsimon
    Free Member

The entrance and exit to Sainsbury’s has always been a PITA at busy times, equally coming out of Chester on to the roundabout. I’m not sure of what they’re trying to do, but it was pretty terrible before.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

it kinda worked – if you knew about it and which lane to get in, but it wasn’t great

change is for the proposed additional 375 homes on the old saighton army camp off sandy lane

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Zoo’s Otter Centre Joy?

donsimon
    Free Member

Does this mean it’s published today?
    Could be chunkypaul, could be.
    Anything about a happy beaver?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

alas no – featured a giant otter.. but no beaver

but i am looking at the wrong paper, getting mixed up with the freebie chronicle paper

binners

Sainsbury’s roundabout seems to be the hot topic in Chester. The double dip recession feeding into mass unemployment, urban deprivation, increased poverty and rioting not registering in the leafy Cheshire suburbs just yet then? They’ve got proper stuff to worry about eh? 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

They’ve got proper stuff to worry about eh?

I’d say yes as Henleys appear to have move out of the city centre and The Grosvenor seem to be letting any old Tom, Dick or Harry in these days. The Sainsbury’s roundabout is a suitable distraction from the more serious things.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The Grosvenor seem to be letting any old Tom, Dick or Harry in these days

Indeed….. I’m there next week 🙂

Sainsbury’s roundabout seems to be the hot topic in Chester.

Well there’s also the issue of the forcoming change in bin collections which has got me all grumpy too. 👿

But if the Chester Standard is full of beaver things may be looking up 8)

project
    Free Member

Since the romans went home, nothing of any worth has ever been created in Chester,and now the council seem to have bought a lot of new traffic lights to ensure peeps cant either get in or out of the city

chunkypaul
    Free Member

wait until the proposed Waitrose gets planning permission!… 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

I am NOT photogenic.

project
    Free Member

Don you in this weeks paper then.

Waitrose will get planning permission, another few sets of traffic lights, and massive disruption while its built.

donsimon
    Free Member

Tuesday’s Evening Leader, but not he Standard as was promised by the journo.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If we get a big waitrose will they get rid if the little one? That’s the gossip now, sainsburys roundabout is so last week.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone get the free Chester standard?’ is closed to new replies.